Chapter Two: The Second Night

Richie pretty much gave up already. He didn't want anything to do with this pizzeria and when Eddie called, it only made him miss being home more. If his only job was to check to make sure the animatronics were there, only to find out that they have been lazy enough to not show up on their stage, then what the hell is the point? He should be given a raise for one week of the worst job possible.

He was in the elevator once more, riding down into the depths below. "Great.. the second night of the weirdest job I have ever been in," he grumbled. "I should be earning more from this shit. I only get around thirty dollars per day. I fucking risk my life being down here.."

"Daddy, you let the other children go see her, why don't you let me go?" it was the little girl's voice again. Instead of ignoring it, Richie had decided to decipher what it meant. Maybe it could give him the answers to this place.

However, there was no way in knowing who the girl was, what 'her' is, and who her dad was unless Richie asked someone once his shift was done. Why was there even a little girl's voice here, when no one is here? Unless the girl is dead, Richie thought. If she is, I just need to find out who killed her. Heck, the fact that I'm Christen, trying to believe something quite impossible, like a ghost or spirit roaming around on earth, is pretty ironic. Though I've dealt with dead and demonic shit before, so what's the problem with this?

Soon enough, Richie heard HandUnit on the speaker once more. "Welcome back, for another night of intellectual simulation, pivotal career choices, and self reflection on past mistakes-"

Richie scoffed. "Like coming here?"

"-We're committed to creating a unique and fulfilling work experience. One part of that commitment is ensuring you don't get tired of the voice you're hearing right now. Using the keypad below-" the keypad popped up in front of Richie once more, and the boy sighed. "-please select a new companion voice. For male, press one; for female, press two; for text only, press three; for other options, press four."

"If I click 'other options' is there a chance I could have Eddie's voice for HandUnit instead?" All Richie wanted was something that could be normal around here, to comfort him while he worked. He glanced at the options he had on the keypad, and was disappointed when he saw there were no numbers at all on the keyboard. Instead, he typed in 'four' incase he could use it that way, but again, when he clicked enter, it didn't work the first couple of times.

"It seems like you were having trouble with the keypad. I see what you were trying to type, and I will autocorrect with you. Thank you for choosing: Angsty Teen,"  soon enough, after the elevator stopped on the floor Richie was supposed to arrive on, another voice came on. It sounded like a seventeen year old who was very depressed or lazy.

"The elevator stopped.. you know the routine," the voice muttered. "You can get out now or- whatever. You can stay here if you want."

Knowing that he would be fired if he did stay in the elevator, Richie decided to press the red button and get out, going into the vent in front of him to get to the Primary Control Module. While he was crawling through the vent, the new voice of HandUnit spoke once more.

"So, funny story. A dead body was found in this vent once," it informed Richie. Yes, this was a creepy ass vent where he had no flashlight to see with, but this was not something he needed to know about. Too much information for a thirteen year old who'd just survived a town of dead children corpses. "Okay.. so, not that funny, but it's a story."