Confessions of the Wen

It was...very, very difficult. Wei Ying practically clung to Lan Zhan for the first part of it. He started at the very beginning, figured that they deserved that much. If he was going to do this, and retell the story, he may as well do it from the very beginning. It would be necessary to understand, after all, this all started from the beginning, from his being four years old and his parents dying in whatever tragic fight it was that they had been roped into and he had been left on the streets. That was rather important given the fact that it was one of the ways that Wen Chao had managed to snatch him up in the first place. Really all remembrance of his time on the Wen streets was traumatizing...but those dogs. 

He brushed over a lot, however, in the first half. The harshness of the streets, and living on them. They really did not need to know anything about that, so he just glossed over a lot of the harshness of things. He didd not really want them to worry about him, even if he was totally emotionally unstable, he did not feel that was on them to deal with. Even if they would state otherwise given the fact that they had grabbed him and dragged him through here. He also somewhat glossed over his time with the Jiang sect. Not that it was unimportant, but it was not important enough for Wei Ying to want to  burden them with that whole bucket of emotional spiraling. Especially when it came to Madame Yu and her treatment. Wei Ying would rather not even begin to get into that in the first place, even if he knew that, given the sharp look from Lan Zhan, it was quite clear that he was glossing over things rather heavily when it came to the Jiang Sect, and specifically the Leader of the Jiang Sect and his wife. It did not seem that Lan Qiren or Lan XiChen really noticed, but that was understandable also because they did not know him as well as Lan Zhan did. Thankfully, Lan Zhan did not bring it up to the others, though Wei Ying knew that he would be asking his own share of questions when they returned to the Jinshi. 

It was when he began to get to his first interaction with Yang energy that he began to slowly remove himself from Lan Zhan. The two others in the room seemed rather surprised with how the Yang energy had affected him, hence why the first part of the story was required, as he was forced to explain why his body had such an extreme reaction to the Yang energy when in the cave with Lan Zhan. The more turmoil in a person, the more they react. Wei WuXian was basically a walking embodiment of a horrible existence, even if he would say otherwise. 

When it came to the capture of the Wen Clan, Wei Ying had removed himself completely from Lan Zhan, fearing his reaction. He could not, simply could not look at them as this part began.

"They have these things called Wen Dogs." Wei Ying began his explanation. "They are these gigantic monstrous being. Nothing like the Spirit dogs or tamed dogs, or even feral dogs. They are taller than me or Lan Zhan, and filled with resentful energy. When I was captured by the Wen Clan, that was one of the placed they left me. The cave, with the Wen Dogs. They wanted information, but I refused to give it to them. I would never give them what they wanted in the first place, but specifically the information that they wanted was rather sensitive in nature, and so how could I justify giving it to them just to spare myself suffering?" Wei Ying asked softly. "It was not easy. They did many things. Beat me, starved me, whipped me over and over and over again until my resolve broke. Never once did I give what they wanted however, and they were getting impatient. They wanted to know and I refused to give it to them." Wei Ying bit his lower lip, worrying it between his teeth, expression anxious and pinched as he continued further. 

"Wen Chao was the one who went beyond orders at that point. It was specifically stated that until they get the information which they wanted so desperately, they were not to dispose of me in any way. I was the only one who could give it to them, after  all, I was the only one who had done it before. They they knew of, of course, and even I do not know if there was someone else who had done such a thing before myself." Wei Ying inhaled sharply, twisting his hands in his lap, gaze cast firmly on his legs. "He was angry, annoyed, and hurt. It burned his pride that despite all that he placed upon me and put me through, he still could not break me. It had been such a long time, and I cannot even remember how long. The point was, it burned at him, though I have a feeling that there was another person who truly fed into those." Wei Ying furrowed his eyebrows at the revelation of that.