Chapter 14: Victory

Last update for today and the last chapter and epilogue will come out next week. Can't believe this is almost over already. Kinda sad, but also proud. Before this app I despised writing, but now I've almost finished a story and started a bunch of others too. Love this app and how amazing it is.

Specific Location Unknown
The Computer
1:45 AM
Wednesday
September 25th

Erica's POV: 
A man jumped at me and attacked. We started fighting and Ben ran off to find the last agent. I had a bad feeling that it would be the woman from his dream. If he saw her he might freeze up and get himself killed. I quickly overpowered the man and stabbed him with his knife and shooting him after he fell. It was brutal but he attacked me and would die anyway. I had to go find Ben though. 

If she jumped at him and stabbed him, he could- no, stop thinking that and go save him.

Ben's POV:
I shook the attacker off and started fighting. I had to holster my gun when she jumped on my back. I punched her in the jaw and she aimed a kick at my stomach. I grabbed her foot and pulled her forward. She fell and I threw her on the ground. She froze and I could see well enough in the faint light that it was the woman from my dream. I froze a little when I realized she was talking. I read her lips and she said the exact message as in my dream. I pulled my gun out when she jumped up. She was in mid-air and I realized she was holding the knife from my dream. I expected the knife to go right through my chest, but it never came. The woman had been sent flying. Someone was holding her down. 

Erica.

"Thank gods you're here. You saved me as usual E. Thank you."

"No problem. I had a feeling you may need some assistance with her. I thought the last agent here might be her. You have to shoot her Ben." 

"But-"

"She attacked you. If you don't kill her we can't get out. And, the only way to be free of that nightmare is to kill her. I know it's kinda cruel but it needs to be done. They're the bad guys."

"Okay. I trust you." I pulled my gun out.

Her eyes widened in fear. I aimed it and fired twice. She had been squirming an trying to escape Erica, but as soon as the bullets hit her, she lay motionless. She disintegrated like the others and vanished.

Erica hugged me.

"You did it! I know it was really hard for you, but we can get out now. And we're both okay. Not injured or dead. I didn't have to lose you."

"And I didn't lose you. Now let's go back to the room and grab our stuff, so we can get the hell out of here. I don't wanna be here any longer than necessary." I said.

"Yeah, me neither. It's cool idea and all, but not when you get stuck in it and have to kill a bunch of people to get out. I am more than ready to go home."

"I'm just glad that we get to go home together. I was really scared that I'd lose you." I said with a small smile.

"Me too. I would have been devastated if you died."

"Because-"

'I love you-"

"And can't-"

"Live-"

"Without you." I finished.

"Exactly." 

Boom! They can theoretically get out now, and the book will be finished next Wednesday.