Chapter One

[Unedited.]

It's been months. Months since the incident had happened. Those months including Zayn being in the hospital. The little boy seemed to not be himself, possibly to weak to act his age. He was fighting death, of course. Everything has just gotten worse from then on.

It was all a bit different without the youngest in the Styles home. The only thought that hadn't changed was the fact Liam was ignored by his fathers. This time, though, it wasn't anyone's fault.

Harry and Niall were busy figuring out what the hell they were going to do. With an ill seven year old, and a distraught teenage son. Honestly, Niall seemed to be the only calm member in the small family. Other than freak outs every now and again, he was fine. Best out of the rest.

Harry was plainly himself. The bipolar young father. Filled with joy for an hour, the next is spent shedding tears. Along with still acting snappy and such.

Zayn. The youngest out of it all at the age of seven, almost eight. Other than the illness, he seemed alright, physically. Even though being weak, if you were to enter his hospital room, he would be there with a smile on his face, any day, no matter what. Pain did not stop the little boy. Arrhythmia did not stop the little boy.

And now there is Liam, whom was still the depressed, sixteen year old lad. He had his perfect boyfriend by his side though. Louis, had always been there to hold his hand and motivate him for anything and everything. Liam wouldn't really know how he'd end without his lover.

He's happier. Not fully, but it's getting there. Yes, he's been attending therapy. Both from Louis and a professional. It had started because of a wonderful woman by the name of Johannah. She requested it weeks back. Liam, of course, rejected, claiming he didn't need therapy since he was indeed sane. After slight begs from Louis and Jay, he accepted. Once a week. Just once a week.

---

It was a Monday, January the fifth, two-thousand fifteen. One week away from Zayn's eighth birthday.

The family has been planning, trying to figure out how they would have a party for him. The fathers were in and out the hospital, mostly at this time of the year since the day was oh so close. They've been trying to plead the doctors, even nurses to let their son out for just that special day. At the moment, it has not worked, but they'll find a way.

"That would be a bit too risky. I'm sorry, Mr Styles." they would reply each and every time.

It would be Harry who responds, "But it's just one simple special day. He's been crammed up here for over half the year. We'll protect him through the twenty four hours.. Just please."

At the hospital bed time, Harry and Niall would stay for each second. The little boy would tell his daddies, 'I really want to go back home, with daddy and papa and Li. I no like this.' When realising the days were close to his birthday, he would bubbly ask, 'when birthday, I leave? Please daddy, please papa! I go home for birthday.'

That would be exactly what they would love to attain.

For Zayn to be home for his birthday.

---

I know, it's been around three months. Just bear with me please. Usual bad things have been happening these couple weeks and I don't always have the time to update, so I apologise.

-Lilo