Chapter 1 ~ Change Of Plans

^
|
The Mansion

• • •

I was called to my Dads office. He never calls me there. It's usually a small talk in the dining room or the living room or maybe a a quick word in the kitchen but if its in his office that means that it's something work related, and serious.

The legal business or the illegal business that he runs, either way, it can't be good.

Me and my Dad are close. Some other Mafia gang members don't like the way my Dad treats me. They say he's 'too soft' on me. Unlike other girls in Mafia gangs, they don't get involved with 'daddy's work'. But me? I'm the heir to the biggest Mafia gang in the world. It's all down to me. So this talk that Dad called me in for doesn't sound like it's going to be good judging from the tone he had in his voice over the phone when he called me.

He told me to change into something more appropriate as I had to finished training early. What do you expect from someone who is going to run one of the biggest Mafias in the world as well as a rich shipping company?

 What do you expect from someone who is going to run one of the biggest Mafias in the world as well as a rich shipping company?

The shipping company aswell as the Mafia is inherited by my dad from my great great Grandad. I have decided to do Accounting and Economics in college that start next week in order to understand both businesses. As well as training with Letty, my trainer as well as mother figure while I live with Dad.

I don't need to be protected by someone else that's why I train to defend myself. I insisted that I didn't need a bodyguard. My dad didn't argue. He says to trust no one. However, Mom wasn't so keen on me involving myself into the dark side of the business.

My mom doesn't live with us. She lives in New York with all 4 of my other siblings. My siblings don't know about the Mafia side of the business. But why should they, they're all too young to understand.

No I mean literally, there all like under 15.

We visit my mom and the kids once a month, sometimes twice if we're lucky. Dad says that we shouldn't come into contact with her a lot because of other rival gangs that might use her to get money. It happened before.

So most rival gangs think she died in an accident that dad had to fake in order for them to believe that before he made her and the kids leave the country.

I ran up to my room and changed into a semi formal outfit. I left my messy beach curls open, applied a bit of makeup ,so I don't look like I just died, and headed downstairs to Dads office rethinking everything I have done since the day I was born.

I reached his office, that was isolated on the other side of the mansion. Dad doesn't like to mix business with pleasure.

I slowly knocked on the door.

"Come in" he said almost instantly. Dads office is never messy so when I saw papers scattered all across the desk and floor, I knew something was definitely wrong. He didn't look up when I walked in. He kept rummaging around and muttering profanities under his breath. I coughed gently so I could get his attention.

"Have a seat Faith" he said. I made my way over to the leather sofa in the middle of the room, moved some papers and sat quietly, lowering my gaze.

He dialled a number while pacing back and forth.

"Let him in Natalie." he said in a rushed tone before hanging up the phone.

"Theres someone I'd like you to meet Faith" he said while getting out 3 glasses and his expensive bottle of whiskey.

"You stopped my training early to meet someone?" I whispered frustratedly looking up into his exhausted eyes.

"This is far more important than your training" he said in a serious tone. What was that supposed to mean?

"Well, who is it?" I ask impatiently. As if on cue, Natalie, Dads personal assistant, walks in.

Behind her was a tall, handsome man. He looked a couple years older than me. He had brown skin and dark eyes that made me weak at the knees. He was a fair few inches taller than me. He was slim, muscular, with an almost perfectly symmetrical face. He wore a freshly pressed white shirt, a black silky looking suit jacket on top, black slacks and a pair of black derby shoes. He wore a Rolex and had his smooth, brown hair slick back.

"Have a seat please Mr Giovanni" Dad said awkwardly while looking at all the papers on the sofa and floor but didn't lose the serious look on his face.

Mr Giovanni took the seat next to me. He smelt like musky heaven. Armani. Definitely Armani.

"Thank you very much for agreeing to the terms on such short notice." Dad said with a half smile.

"The pleasure is all mine Mr Gonzalez. And please address me as Matteo" he said with a serious face. Why did it look so hot on him though?

"No problem and please call me Antonio" Dad said with a genuine smile on his face before giving me a side glance. He never lets anyone address him by his first name. Who really is this guy?

My Dad faced me and looked me in the eyes and in a calm tone and said "Well, Faith, I'd like you to meet your personal bodyguard"

Wait, what?
• • •

A/N: So it's my first time writing a book so don't judge. I think this chapter was bad I promise it gets better.

Also please Vote and Comment, I'd love to know if anyone is actually reading this.