Chapter 3 ~ What's So Different?

^
|
Faiths room (even though you don't see it again till ages)
• • •

"The keys to the accommodation I brought near the College should be with Andy when you arrive. I assume you have packed all your things. Car is outside. It will leave for the airport in an hour." Dad informed Matteo while pouring 3 glasses of whiskey.

I was still gobsmacked at what my Dad had said.

Body guard? Accommodation? Near college? Airport? I have so many questions.

As soon as Dad poured the liquor I lifted it to my mouth and downed it all at once. This is going to need a lot of alcohol for me to get my head around.

"I understand this will be a lot to take in but you're going to have to do what I say sweety. I promise we will discuss this in more detail later. I'll tell Letty about it as soon as I can." He said all in one breath.

I had realised the I hadn't said anything to my Dad or to Matteo since he walked in.

I slowly turned to face Matteo.

"Hi" was all I could muster up. He chuckled slightly while sipping on his whiskey. I felt my heart melt inside my rib cadge.

"Take her to her room and help her pack all of her things Matteo. I have work that needs finishing." Dad said while getting up, putting on his suite jacket and tidying his hair so it looks half decent. He downed his whiskey, similar the the way I did.

Like Father like daughter, I guess.

Matteo got up almost instantly. He took my hand which broke me out of my thoughts. We left my Dad who was pacing up and down the room with the phone against his ear, barking orders to the person on the other side.

I didn't realise how rushed the house was until now. There were maids and guards rushing around talking to each other briefly, work related, before running off to do what they were told.

"So, which room is yours?" Matteo said gently, looking into my eyes. I led him up the stairs to my room. I have no idea why my body and mind was reacting to him in this awkward way. I'm so used to talking to men that my Dad and I work with. Well I used to work with. What was so different about him?

I went straight to my walk-in wardrobe while he shut my bedroom door behind him. I quickly gathered all the essential clothes and placed them into a few bags. There was quiet alot, don't judge me.

I decided to change into something more comfortable since were going to be on an aeroplane so I decided to wear a comfortable oversized hoodie and a pair of leggings.

I picked up the photo frame from my side cabinet of my family, before the accident when life was just as I wished, and shoved it into the bag before sealing it shut

I sat on my stool opposite my vanity mirror, for the last time till god knows how long, and tied my hair into a French plate before placing a hat on aswell as a pair of hoops. I grabbed my small backpack the contained: AirPods, iPhone 11, wallet, a bit of makeup, chocolate and my passport.

While I checked my face and hair on last time, I caught Matteo staring at me while he stood quietly in the corner of the room. It wasn't a creepy stare like other guys would give me. It was more like as if I was the most interesting thing he's ever seen. I had forgotten about his presence for a moment.

"You can send someone to take the bags in the car" I said while pretending to search for something in my bag hoping he would look away.

He put the phone to his ear and muttered something under his breath, not looking away from me the entire time. I felt a blush on my cheeks but paid no attention to it.

Minutes later, some guards came and took the bags and left the room. I followed them quickly, avoiding any awkward conversation to erupt between me and him. He followed me quietly. Usually, guys would try to flirt with me soon as they got a chance. But him. He has barely said a word to me since his arrival. I wanted him to say something, which was unlike me.

I was not ready to leave this place. I should have demanded for answers there and then in the office but Dad did promise me a talk so I obeyed his orders quietly.

We walked in an awkward silence to the car until Matteo decided to finally say something.

"That's quite a lot of stuff you've got there" Matteo chuckled gesturing at all 5 of my massive bags as the poor bell boy struggled to put them in the boot of the car. Where did the guards go?

"I'm leaving my home for some unknown reason and Iv only taken essentials from my room. What do you expect?" I fire back like as if I was waiting for him to say that. He didn't say anything back. I have no idea why that came across so aggressive. I'm not upset, I'm just confused.

I looked at the bell boy who had put the last of our bags in the boot and giggled slightly.

"What's so amusing?" Matteo questioned as he opened the car door letting me in first before sliding himself in.

"How can you have only brang a duffle bag with all you things inside? Do you only own like 2 pieces of clothing or something?" I say giggling through the whole thing.

"I only brang one suite. And do you want to know which one it is?" he says gesturing for me to come closer.

I looked at him curiously while scooting closer to him.

"My birthday suite!" He said huskily as his minty breath tickled my neck.

I looked at him wide eyed as a blush made it's way onto my cheeks. I quickly looked out of the window away from his gaze. Why did he just make that joke? That was so weird but I couldn't help but laugh.

I leaned my head against the window as the car started to move.

Matteos POV

Why the fuck did I just make that stupid joke? What am I? An immature 13 year old? Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

I sat there on my phone not looking at her for the whole journey to the airport. It was hard. She was beautiful. I had to keep reminding myself what I'm here for. Business. Strictly business. Nothing more. Nothing less. We're going to college. I protect her with my life, like I wouldn't do that anyway. No, no, no thoughts. Your getting paid to do this.

I couldn't contain myself. I looked up at her. She sat there in silence with her AirPods in gazing out of the window.

I can't do this. I'm a bodyguard. I get paid to protect all sorts of people. Iv had to protect other girls and I haven't felt this way before. What was so different about her?

• • •
A/N: So it took me ages because I literally have no idea how to write a book properly, but here it is anyway. Hope you enjoyed it. Next chapter will, hopefully, come out this week.