Chapter 7

Tony wakes up this morning with a killing headache. He moans and starts getting ready for work. He picks up a simple green t-shirt and jeans but as he's ready to put on his shoes his stomach makes a weird noise.

He runs in the bathroom just in time to throw up everything he ate last night. He's over the toilet for a while trying to calm. After he's done he stands and wash his mouth to get rid of the sick flavor.

He walks out of the bathroom and calls in both of his jobs to let them know he's not going. He spends the day in his bed trying to keep in whatever still remains in his stomach.

It's around 8 o'clock when he hears a knock on his door. He lets a groan and goes to answer sure that it's whether Natasha or Clint. Who else could it be? It's been two weeks since he went on that date with Steve and he doesn't believe he'll see him ever again.

He opens the door to see a certain billionaire standing there hand raised ready to knock again.

"Omg Tony! Are you okay?" Steve blurts out before he can say anything.

"I've been better and I've been worse I'll survive. What do you want here? " The teen asks.

"I went to the cafe and your friend Natasha said you're sick I was worried about you. "

"Oh... You can come in if you want but I'm indeed sick. "

Steve gets in immediately and Tony walks back to his bed.

"What do you need? Wanna make you some soup? " Steve asks and he looks really worried.

"I dunno if I can eat anything I'm throwing up the whole day. "

"Soup will settle your stomach. Make yourself comfortable and warm and I'll bring you some. "

"Fine"

Steve walks to the counter and take a deep plate to serve the soup he found in the fridge. He goes back to Tony and hands him the plate.

They sit in silence while the younger boy eats. He finishes his meal and hands back the plate quietly. The blond leaves it to the sink and returns to Tony's side.

Tony moves his body a little and makes some space for Steve to lay. Steve gets under the blanket and cuddles the boy.

Then Tony starts talking. "When I was a child and got sick my mother would take the day off from work and stay with me. She would cook and we would eat together and then she would sit next to my bed and sing in Italian or tell me a story. I wish I had learn Italian it was her native language. We spent the day like this and then my father would come back from work and sit with us and listen my mother talk for anything and everything and we would fall asleep cuddling like that. It was comforting... I really miss them... "

Steve doesn't know what to say he tries to imagine Tony as a small child tucked in his bed cuddling his parents. He feels his eyes fill with tears.

"Tony..."

"Yeah? "

"What happened? "

"I was 11... It was Monday evening they were out the whole day something for work I'd gone to school and return. It was late they hadn't come back. I decided to go to bed. As I was ready to fall asleep the phone rang. It was an accident. A drunk driver. My father tried to avoid him and they hit a tree. There was nothing left the car was completely burned. There were no survivors. "

"Oh sweetheart I'm so sorry! "

"Not your fault" Tony's voice was void of emotion. "Anyway we had no money or alive relatives. It was just us. Me and my parents. And then it was just me. I was put in a foster home. It's not of the best years of my life... "

"Wha... What was like? "

"Well it wasn't a happy place. It was dark. We had to do all the work. Cooking, painting the walls, clean the place. A teacher would come twice a month to teach us the basics. If we did something wrong it came the punishment. We aren't kids. Well maybe we are in age and stuff but we were all made to grow up too fast too soon. I had a friend there. James Rhodes but I just called him Rhodey. He's older than me and he joined the air force three years ago. I run away on my 16th birthday. In about a month it will be two years since. "Tony's voice still had no emotion. Like he wasn't talking about his life. Like all those things happened to a stranger.

" That's how you ended up living in.. " Steve starts asking.

"In the streets yeah... " Tony interrupted. " I had no place to go I just didn't want to stay there for even a minute more. I sent a message to Rhodey as soon as I could I didn't know if he received it not till I was able to rent this place. Now we are in contact. "

"I'm glad you have him and Natasha as well. "

"Hmm Natasha and Clint are the only ones who I know here and we are close. Clint is the other guy who works in the cafe. They are very important to me. "

"You're lucky. Maybe it doesn't seem like it but you're really lucky you've got friends that care for you. Most of the people I hung out with are rich spoiled brats I guess I'm one too but we're not really friends. "

"I'm sure you have someone you trust and care about though... "

"I have. Bucky, he's my best friend since ever. More like a brother. "

After a bit of silence Tony speaks again. "Thanks for coming to check on me. "

"Of course always"

"No really I'm grateful. "

"Hey Tony? Please don't hate me okay? "

"Why.. " Tony's cut by Steve's lips pressed against his in a passionate kiss. He feels Steve's tongue licking his bottom lip asking for permission. He parts his lips and they fight for dominance. Steve wins and Tony lets him guide him. They only stop when they're out of breath...
_____________________________________________
Oof I made it. I'm really excited for this chapter I hope you like it.
-E