Chapter 15 : She's my job !

Jeremy's POV 

After burning my pants to a quarter , I couldn't help but laugh and to be honest , I haven't felt this happy for a long time . "Wanna get coffee later ?" , I yelled and I saw her cupping her hands onto the window and yell , "Okay !" . What is wrong with that girl ? I've experienced my share of girls , witches and non-witches . Both species are still the same , clingy and desperate for romance . Why can't I just hang and share a laugh like how I am with Karenina , no strings attached . She is even prettier and that is a bonus , the guy she's dating right now is damn lucky bastard ! 

We've reach the coffee shop just nearby the mansion and we queue up to order out coffee , she turns to me , "so , since you are buying , I would like a tall caramel machiatto and that blueberry muffin . Oh and whip cream on top" , she demands . I didn't mention anything about me buying her coffee but since I invited her , so maybe it's only decent to do so . "Whip cream on the muffin ?" , I ask and she hit me on the arm , "on the coffee , you idiot !" . I laugh cause I know what she meant but it's fun messing with her . "So what are you gonna get ?" , she looks at me and ask . "I do not know , maybe a latte ?" . She nods her head . As we got our coffees , we sit down at the corner and this might be the right time for me to actually do my job . " You know , in Nebula coven , every one's power is it's own . You don't have to be claim like in Luna where you need protection and bull . I mean , why do you need protection when you have maximum power , right ?" , she looks at me confused , "what do you mean maximum power ? I thought the claim ritual is to acknowledge your existence in the coven so that it can protect you and as for me , extend their loyalty ?" , "you don't know about this ? If you didn't do the awakening ritual , you get to hold your maximum power and if you did it , your power is like spread out towards the coven , as in you're sharing your powers with everyone is the coven" , "so they can throw flameballs too ?" , she looks at me curiously and it's so obvious that she really cherish her fire element as I am with my lightning element cause it's part of who I am . "No , Tater Tots . Your fireballs is yours to hold but your control in moving objects , it has its limits . Let's say , the biggest object you can control right now is a car or a bus . But if you haven't willingly shared your powers , you might even can lift a building and break it into two" . She folds her arms and place her tongue at the left side of her cheek . " That seems unfair ! I mean , don't you think we have the right to choose what we want with our powers ? Okay fine , sure , maybe making all our powers even , we could work together and shit but if we hold maximum powers , maximun magic , the sky's the limit ! We do not even have to put anyone in risk to join the battlefield" , she expresses her feelings and I think I got to her . Then she looks at me sharply and motion herself forward across the table , "so , you have maximum power now , Jerrie ?" . What should I tell her ? I mean , even Carla and Lionel doesn't know that I haven't done the awakening ritual but I don't think I can lie to her cause maybe I'll slip out my amazing powers and she'll know it anyways , so I nod my head . She opens her mouth in amazement , " you lucky bastard ! Lionel didn't even ask for you to do the awakening ritual ?" , "so far , no" . Now she has a cheeky face and I'm guessing she wants me to do something crazy , "show me one" , she says . "Show what ? One of my birthmarks ? Oh one is just at the back but I don't think I can reach it.." . She laughs so hard and even I let out a chuckle , "you know what I mean , big pecs" . I put my hands on my chest , more specifically pecs , to show how I appreciate the compliment . "Okay okay , since that is the nicest thing you said to me , I'm gonna show one..of my pecs" , I started to lift my shirt and Karenina pulls it down . "I've seen both and let's not tease the ladies in here , seriously , you can do damage" , before I say anything she cuts me , "not jealous by the way ! Come on , Jerrie ! Show me that you have maximum power !" . I look at her and I look at everyone here , ensuring that they are no witches and warlocks anywhere . I turn my eyes green and scan the whole place and say , "do the chicken dance" . Everyone just stands up and do the chicken dance , even the baristas behind the counter clucking and flap their arms . "Oh my God ! You get to persuade the whole cafe ! That's sick !" , she has to shout because of the massive clucking happening here . I'm just laughing looking at everyone doing the chicken dance , and I immediately turn my eyes green again , " stop dancing for goodness sakes" . Everyone just stop and sits down and continue whatever it is they're doing as if like nothing happened . " I can only persuade up to like 5 or 6 people the most ! Cause I have to look at their eyes . You impress me , Jeremy Waltz" , she smiles . All of a sudden my heart beats so fast when I look at her face , and hoping our friendship would not get ruined because this is the only nice thing I have in my life right now . 

Suddenly , Karenina's hand goes up into a wave and I followe her gaze founding that she's waving to the guy that just enter the cafe . I know him from somewhere , and as he come closer , my memory strucks me and all I can think of is landing my fist onto his face but I force a smile instead . He came closer and kiss her on the cheek , " Hey , beautiful " . Karenina just smile and introduce me to this bastard , " Neil , meet Jeremy , a friend of mine and Jerrie , this is Neil , my boyfriend" . Oh they're going steady now ? He extends his hand for a handshake , "hey , man . I've heard a lot about" , I gave him a handshake and he looks at me saying , "firm handshake" , "can't help it , you hurt ?" , I ask cause he is just scrawny . "No , man . I can handle a handshake" . He looks at her 'girlfriend' and ask , "you ready babe ? We do not want to be late for the movie" . She look at her watch , "you're right . I've gotta go Jerrie , I'll see you later okay ? Thanks for the coffee !" , she stands up and hold Neil by his arm and just want to yank her of those boney arms and protect her from him but instead , "no problem Tater Tots , I'll see you later" . 

I immediately go to Nebula's cave and call for my dearest uncle . "Xavier ! Xavier !" . He enter his throne room with his septor in his hand , "where are your manners Jeremy ? Is that how you speak to your uncle ?" , I don't wanna play around so I go straight to the point . " I thought I was assigned to talk to Karenina and bring her in , and not some newbie !" , I shouted . " Oh , that . You were just too slow nephew , so I decided for that werewolf to take over" , he answers . " A werewolf ? How does he know how to handle a witch ? I'm a warlock , I know them better and I was just getting to her , I even talked to her about maximum power like a few hours ago ! I'm warming myself up , Xavier" , "that's the thing Jeremy , your warm up is too long that your muscles didn't even burn . Unlike Neil , he is already gaining the his trust" , " So the werewolf is gonna bring Karenina to you ? She might not even know that the bastard is a werewolf" , "that's the plan . When the witch trusts this guy completely , she'll fall for him and he will lure her here so I can take her powers . You know how girls are dumb when they are in love" , Xavier explains and swaying his septor around but I couldn't help hearing that he is going to take her powers . "Take her powers ? I thought you want her to join us" , "Oh I changed my mind . You see , if I take her powers , then I'll be even more powerful and Carla and Lionel cannot even defeat me . With her presence , there's a possibility that she will turn against me" . I look at him and wonder is greed all he has in his heart ? " So what do you want me to do now ? Huh ? You said if I do this , I will be the next in line to rule Nebula , are you offering the werewolf the same deal ?" , he came closer to me and hold my chin , " no , why would I do that to my only nephew ? He is just under my spell , remember ? But if you fail to lure her in before the werewolf does , you are no longer my nephew" . I look down because he is the only family I have , and I do not want to lose that so I need to keep up the pace and lure Karenina in . I nod my head and Xavier smiles at me and slaps me cold on the face . "Next time , talk to me with respect ! Now go and do your job that you fail so much" , he walks away . Now , how the hell I'm going to keep my family and frienship at the same time .