Chapter Four

Days passed and the trio was ready to leave. Constel smiled softly at Nike and was petting Strix who was resting on her new friend's arm. "It looks like she's warmed up to us now," the red head said with a laugh. Nike chucked "it appears so.".

Ryo and Doji approached the two girls. "Ready go Constel?" Ryo asked. The girl smiled and nodded then turned to the brunette "Nike, you should come with us!" She exclaimed. Nike's golden eyes widened and she blinked a couple times "what?". Constel grabbed her free hand "please, I want to get to know you more!" She told her. The brunette went to speak before Oclara, the village elder, had cut her off "go ahead Nike. There is no reason why should be cooped up here when it's obvious you wish to see what the world offers." She said calmly. The brunette gave her a confused look, ignoring her owl's sounds of protests at it's owner stopping her display of affection.

Oclara smiled "Nike, just as the ancient goddess who shares your name, you have wings that are meant to be spread." She told her. Nike furrowed her brows "I don't follow...," she admitted. Oclara smiled and took Nike's hands gently, causing the owl to fly off "in ancient Greece there was a statue built of the goddess Nike where her wings were not present, in order to keep her from flying away from the sacred city of Athens. You should not be prevented from going to where the world calls you. You said it yourself one day, you knew there was something out there waiting for you." The woman said calmly. Nike smiled softly "are you sure it's alright if I go Olcara?" She asked. The elder nodded "of course my dear, I told your parents that I would never let you live a life you didn't want to." She responded. The brunette smiled brightly "thank you!" Turning to the others, the brunette chuckled "mind if I go grab my things?" She asked.

Ryo laughed and crossed his arms "go right ahead Nike." He told her. The brunette smiled and rushed to her home, her owl companion following.

Constel chuckled as she saw the bird "looks like we'll have two new companions." She said.

After saying goodbye to the people in the village, Ryo, Constel and Doji, along with Nike and her owl companion Strix, continued on their path of adventure.

Days passed as the group wandered through many forests and towns before stumbling across one they decided to stay at for a couple of days.

Nike stretched her arms and looked around "I've never been to someplace so busy before." She said. Constel looked at her and giggled "neither have I. Or Doji for that fact." She told the other. The brunette smiled "ah, that's right. You and Doji come from the same village." Constel nodded "I have an older sister who lives there as well, her name is Astara." Nike chuckled softly "I would love to meet her some day." She said.

The girls's conversation was cut off by distant shouting. Ryo looked at his companions and nodded towards the sound before running to it. The other three following him.

Catching up the red headed traveler, the group saw the scene that was causing all of the shouting. On the ground was a boy around their ages with green hair and hazel eyes. Bandages wrapped around his wrist and hands. An older man was glaring down at him "next time you try stealing from here I won't be so easy on you Lucar." He scowled before walking back in the building.

The boy frowned and wiped the blood from his lip before noticing the group standing there. He glared at them "the hell are you looking at?" He scowled at them. Ryo extended his hand to help the male up "are you alright?" He asked. Lucar glared and smacked Ryo's hand away and standing on his own "I'm fine." He said bluntly. His eyes widened slightly as he felt around around in the pockets of his coats, sighing softly when he pulled a small metal top out "thank goodness I didn't drop you in there...," he said softly to the gold and dark green item. Constel's green eyes widened "a beyblade...," Lucar looked at her "Fang Cougar." He said to her. The girl smiled "I'm Constel, this is Doji, Ryo and Nike." She introduced herself and her companions. Nike smiled "your name is Lucar, correct?" She said softly. The green haired male nodded "yeah. Lucar Tategami." He was blunt with nearly every sentence he had said.

Doji frowned and looked at the building "what on earth did you do to cause such a ruckus?" He asked. Lucar crossed his arms "just trying to get something for someone and I ended up getting sloppy." He scowled at the glasses wearing boy. Ryo decided to lighten the mood "Fang Cougar is the name of your beyblade right? Constel, Doji your village is called the village of beyblade isn't it?" He said with a laugh. Constel nodded "yeah. A lot of people in the village have beyblades. My sister has one but...we aren't exactly allowed to talk about it with people outside the village....," she said softly, giving Ryo a soft smile, her green eyes looking as if they said 'I hope you can understand.'
The long time traveler smiled and nodded, now knowing that he shouldn't pry into the stories of Koma village.

Lucar raised an eyebrow at them "you all aren't from around here are you?" He asked. Doji looked at the green haired male and crossed his arms "no. I figured that would be quite obvious." He stated bluntly. Constel looked at him with a expression of slight disbelief "Doji!".
The glasses wearing boy looked at her "what? Is it not obvious that we're not from here?" He was being sarcastic. Constel smacked his arm and gave a smile to Lucar "please don't mind him, he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed." She said with a small laugh.

Lucar shrugged and shoved his hands into the pockets of his torn up green coat "see you guys around I guess," and with those words being said, the green haired blader walked off.

Ryo chuckled "I take it he's not the most friendly guy around." Doji rolled his eyes "really Ryo? What gave it away?" He asked sarcastically. Nike stepped in between the two males "come on now guys." She said softly. Constel smiled and stretched her arms above her head "we might as we stop inside while we're here, we'll most likely learn something about this town, which is a lot better than trying to travel around blind." She said. Nike nodded "I agree with Constel, it would be a good idea to learn about our surroundings."

And with a conjoined agreement, the group went inside the building.