4

^^ Black Greataxe ^^

Spreading the World Map out on the floor revealed a 12ft Wide panoramic view of the planet, though it seemed incomplete; five 'continents', -each about the size of Australia by the Legend and Scale that were given,- were connected by one or two land-bridges each, with seas and straights laced throughout. Off to the left, and bottom, however, was a sixth land mass, unlabeled, and only a vague outline was given, instead of the dense topographical detail of the other continents.

Interesting... but by the scale given, there is only 62% of the Planet on this Map.

"Cool... unexplored Zones!" I grinned, and spread out the smaller map, the one of this continent.

A better-developed road-system than I'd thought... every Village or Town has a Road, and each mountain has at least one village for trading and resupplying soldiers and Bounty Hunters...

"Speaking of Soldiers; what was that guy at the Gate's deal? You read his mind, right?" I asked, tracing a path from the capital to the next kingdom over, one of two on this continent, apparently.

He was Hunting someone. A Noble Woman named Lady Adlerian... something about Killing a Fox inside a Henhouse?

"Like... the Hens are People and the Fox is a Vampire? Did he know what he was hunting? We know many of the Nobles of this kingdom are probably Vampires, so it's not too much of a stretch to say one of them might be killing people instead of animals, right?"

... ... ... That is a Possibility. He wasn't thinking about that, unfortunately. He was thinking about getting into the city and stabbing his target in the heart with a poison dagger... which he knew would poison her because her body would naturally, reflexively absorb the poison instantly.

"Sounds like a Vampire to me. Did you get a location?"

... why are you so eager for this information?

"Killing a Human and draining his Essence gave me 120% of my Monthly Needs, and I have yet to feel the need to do anything more than pee, which means that everything except the water stays inside of my body; if I Drain a Vampire... what happens? And if it's an Evil Vampire who is killing innocent people..."

Ahh... that makes sense, and yes, killing another vampire would, -much like the scene from Highlander I can literally <feel> you thinking of,- gift you all of the Essence they've taken. However, she is likely to be far older and more powerful than you, likely even an Ancient Vampire or an Immortal, the 'Finale' of an Immortal's Growth.

"So that means she's like, what, 100 times as strong as me? 1,000?" I hummed.

Likely about 7 times as strong, as after you reach 20x a normal human, there are biological limits that you reach, and a point of diminishing returns; after that point, the Essence increases your speed and agility, your durability and the hardness of your bones and muscles, and begins to shape your body into its most Biologically Efficient and Aesthetically Pleasing form. Ancient Vampires are known for their literally *Haunting* levels of Beauty.

"Huh... well that kinda sucks, that there's a limit, but it does make sense... do vampires have any weaknesses I can exploit?" I sighed, rolling up the maps and sliding them into the leather tubes they'd been stored in.

They're still living beings with rather weak constitutions, despite their defensive and offensive abilities, so the Poison Scheme you thwarted likely would've worked, if he'd managed to stab her.

"That... really sucks."

Agreed.

"Then that Guard that I 'saved', he still died, right? If he got stabbed with poison?" I groaned, rubbing my face angrily and standing up, storing my stuff in the closet and locking it as I left the room.