7

^^ Miki ^^

"This is the Estate?" I hummed, examining the sprawling system of buildings and gardens below our perch in a tall tree just outside the wall. Large buildings took up the four corners of the square estate, as well as one center building that was more of a Castle than a building, all interconnected by way of a series of covered and shaded pathways.

"Yes, Mistress." Walter nodded simply.

"And your entire family are there? All the ones in the way to the Line of Succession? All Evil?" I hummed, examining the guards walking patrols along the wall. It was a 1,000ft square wall with only one staircase up to it, meaning four patrols of guards, each walking 48,000ft, close to 9 miles, before ending their four-hour watches. They looked tired as hell in their full plate-mail armor and halberds, at this point almost at the end of their watches, and they were not actively paying attention to their surroundings.

"Yes, Mistress; as you have explained to me that killing or torturing innocent humans is evil, all of them and even my own unworthy self qualify for that descriptor. I believe that a number of representatives of the Council are also in attendance, in order to question you on your origins and intentions, entering another Immortal's Territory without permission or greeting." He nodded and spoke quietly as the guards came closer.

I waited until they were about fifty-feet past us, and responded. "Hmm... I wasn't aware of there being other Immortals on this continent... I suppose I'll be taking this one, as you'll be inheriting it, and you'll be my Husband."

He stared at me stupidly for a moment, before stuttering. "I'll be- you mean to say-... that is, are you proposing to me, Mistress? I could never accept such a position, as I am surely unworthy-"

"Of course you aren't, Walter, but no one will ever be worthy of marrying me without wooing me first! However, you come with a title and a castle, you are obedient to me, and you can rule the Family and manage my Business while I hunt Dragons and grow in Strength. And, when I wish children, you will give them to me; hopefully of your own free will." I explained casually.

"I would be honored, Mistress!!!" He grinned happily.

"Of course you would, Darling!" I smirked and poked his nose playfully, before leaping over the wall and landing quietly in the courtyard.

A few seconds later, he followed, landing without a sound next to me. Without a word, we darted off across the courtyard, towards the main Castle. With four towers and a central Grand Hall, it was pretty much the standard image of a tower, but before taking time to admire it, we were already scaling one of the towers, as I had decided to take out the other Siblings quietly before the Inevitable Meeting, and they each lived in one of the Towers, along with their chosen servants and their children.

'Can it get any more RPG?' I chuckled to myself, peeking over the edge of the tower and then hopping in once I saw it was clear.

"This is my Tower; there should only be a few dozen guards and my Concubines, Mistress, as well as the Guests from the Council." He murmured, almost entirely silent.

"Ooh, Concubines? We'll go see them later..." I chuckled and responded in the same tone, looking at the walls to time our next climb onto the next Tower, as well as the other towers, to see if there was anyone up there. We'd carefully climbed up the side facing away from the others, then circled to the other side to crest up onto the top while the guards were walking away, so we were unseen so far. It was just before noon, so the sun was directly above us, glaring down at us powerfully through the autumn chill, so no one was outside, but I could see one door open to let in a breeze, so we'd go there next.