8

^^ Miki and Princess Helena ^^

'My skin feels... weird.' I sighed slowly, shifting until I was sitting up in the large double-king-sized bed that Walter had provided me.

I imagine so; it's laced with Star-Metal now. I had Walter gather all of Gideon's trophies that contained Star-Metal and have them broken down, then ingested, and then he fed you his blood, laced with the metal. Finally, because it's a biologically compatible metal, I had it form a very basic grid pattern to increase the durability of your bones, muscles, and skin. You now weigh about 500 pounds, but with your 20x Human Strength and Dexterity, that's literally nothing to you. Also, you now possess the strength required to wield your Axe, -even the Star-Metal Upgrade I had Walter commission while you were asleep,- with one hand. Asha is quite happy for the return business, by the way, but sad you didn't come yourself. You should visit her, if you want to pursue that relationship.

'Wow... you were busy, huh?' I hummed.

Indeed. I also added in an organ in your throat to spew the same pressurized chloroform breath that the Ivory Death Dragon uses, and your canines are now capable of making a spark, allowing you to effectively breath fire. Along with this came a near-immunity to poisons and drugs, due to your body having an excellent auto-filtering system to identify, neutralize, and replace every poison that enters your body into your breath organ, so Enjoy.

'So the one weakness I had as a vampire, poison, was neutralized with good-old-fashioned science?'

Yes. Also, I hate to say it, but Magic. Because that's essentially what your Draining and Manipulation Abilities seem like to an average citizen. Your body is made of Programmable Matter.

'Cool.' I nodded, hopping out of the bed and stepping out onto the balcony. The crisp wind chilled my skin briefly, but then I returned to a normal heat almost instantly, as I leaned against the railing and looked down. 'And the Clan?'

Many of them require your intervention, but Walter, Moira, Gideon, Hyacinth, and Lady Renata Adlerian have drained them all and stored them in the cells beneath the castle, each rising to almost Ancient Status due to the amount they've received. I had them give it to you and then take it back, along with the proper pheromones and such to make them intensely loyal. They will soon rise to Ancient Status, and thus be more useful to you. This was all done quietly, and the Guests have been so-far kept blissfully unaware of the Castle's Business.

'And is there any reason for me to keep them at that strength, now that you know everything they do, and could easily puppet them or anyone else through the actions necessary to do their jobs? What about the Servant that delivers all of the Contracts to the Guild?'

Having Ancients in your Clan is how you gain Status, as a Vampire House; having 6 Ancients will rise us up from Count to Marquess Status. As for that servant, he was also brainwashed, and is currently continuing his duties.

'Hmm... alright, now here's the Million-Dollar Question: Do the other Houses act in the same Manner as this house did, or was it special? Have you read the minds of the Guests? And finally: are we going to War?' I gazed down at the guards training in the courtyard, practicing sword forms under the watchful gaze of Gideon and 'Hyacinth', his younger brother and apparent Bear lover.

First: There are 31 Bloodlines, spread amongst 14 Houses. The Adlerian House is of two bloodlines, the Adlerian's and the Renata's, hence Lady Renata Adlerian; she kept her Maiden Name as her Given Name, which is apparently tradition amongst noble families. Hyacinth is her husband's son by way of his own sister, and Gideon was adopted from a dishonored branch of the family due to his prodigal skill with weaponry and tactics, when that portion of the family was destroyed for their dishonor. Violently. After she killed her husband (for his philandering and lack of care for the Family, driving the family name to the ground slowly but surely,) Renata took his two adult 'sons', -who were in a long-standing relationship already,- as her husbands. No one in the family is aware of this fact, besides Gideon and Hyacinth, of course.