one.

Running my hands through my hair, I stood on the front doorstep of the house

This was something she would probably not approve of, but I miss them. They make me live and breath everyday and I cannot fathom going without seeing them, especially today.

I raised my hand, clenching my knuckles tight as I rapped on the door.

The lights shone throughout the house blissfully. It was a sight I couldn't help gasp at when I arrived. The Christmas tree was a glow in the front window, and the lights decorating the house were done precisely so, just as I imagined them to be.

Looking down at my snow covered boots I held my breath. What are the chances of her opening the door and letting me in? Little to none. And to think our actions used to be reversed. I was the cold-hearted, 'I don't give a Damn' person, and she was always the one looking for a way to impress me. And when I finally let her in, to see what life was like with her, I all but went and screwed it up.

Now I was the one looking for some way to impress her, to little by little make my way back into her heart, while she scoffs and remains insolent towards me. I smirked, that's why I fell in love with her.

The insolent little insufferable know it all of a brat found a way to warm the cold hearted old me to allow the comforts of some sanity.

Just as I was about to give up and turn away, the door swung open to reveal the face I cried to almost every night.

"Severus? What are you doing here?" She said, closing the door behind her and stepping out into the porch. I stepped back, giving her space. She looked as if she loathed my presence.

"Its Christmas Eve." I said simply. She rolled her eyes.

"You act as if I am dimwitted to know that. But that doesn't answer my question." She said, looking at me intently. Oh her brown eyes were even more warmer than ever before. Why was I such a fool to not pay attention before?

"I want to see the girls." I said with a long sigh. She scoffed.

"And you think I'm just going to le-"

"Daddy? Oh daddy your here! Guys daddy's here!" A little girl to look to be about nine with raven black hair ran out and embraced me in a tight hug. She was wearing her pajamas and slippers.

"Oh Ella, my darling!" I said, dropping to my knees, hugging her as if it were to be the last time I would ever see her again.

"Daddy!"

"Dada!"

Two more girls ran out of the house. One with chocolate brown curls, and the other with mahogany.

"Serena, Lily, oh my beautiful little girls." They ran into my arms. I was nearly knocked down in the snow.

"Girls, what did I say?" Hermione asked seriously. Ella looked at me and groaned.

"To brush our teeth and get into bed."

"And?"

"To say our prayers." Serena replied with a giggle. I smirked.

"Right, and now that you all are not in bed, I believe Old Saint Nick will NOT be visiting this house this Christmas." She said sternly.

"No mummy!" Lily cried out, clutching my robes tighter. I stood up, lifting Lily in my arms. Serena held onto my leg as Ella stood there with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Mione, it's Christmas Eve." I said.

"Don't Mione me, we have a routine Severus. I would expect you to know that." Opening the door to the house she looked at the girls. "Now, in you go. Daddy has to leave." Serena began to cry, as Lily buried her face in the crook of my neck. Ella turned towards me. Tears were in her eyes.

"Please, please let daddy stay!" Serena cried. Lily was sobbing into my neck, soaking my cloak with her little tears. My heart was breaking at this. "Mummy, please!" She wailed.

Hermione sighed and held open the door. "I'm not going to ask you all again. Inside now." Ella ran to me and hugged me. I looked at her, my eyes pleading her.

"Please Hermione, just for a little bit." I begged. She hung her head, defeated.

"Fine, just for a little bit." She said quietly. The girls all cheered.

"Yay! Come on Dada!" Lily exclaimed, wiggling out of my arms and pulling me into the house. It was warm inside and smelled of cinnamon and apples.