two.

The door, closing behind us, left us all standing there

The door, closing behind us, left us all standing there. Drenched in snowflakes. Hermione's hair had flurries everywhere. I had the urge to go to her but I stopped myself.

"Daddy, come look at our tree!" Serena pulled me into the living room. There was a grand tree decorated with bits of stringed popcorn and homemade ornaments. The lights were shining brightly, giving it a beautiful but adorable effect.

"We had to magic the popcorn onto the tree because Lily kept eating it." Ella said quietly. Serena began pulling ornaments off of the tree and handing them to me. I smiled.

"I made dis one on my birfday, I made dis one yederday. Auntie Ginny made me dis one and Uncle Harry helped me wif dis one." Lily said, pointing at all of the ornaments in my hands. Serena grabbed my arm and pulled me down into a seat. I sat down with a loud 'oof' and the girls laughed.

"Oh you think that's funny?" I said with a grin, the girls all sniggered, covering there beautiful little faces with their little hands. Hermione stood smirking in the doorway, she met my eyes and looked away. I wish things worked out differently.

"Daddy, did you bring us presents?" Serena asked me.

"Serena, daddy doesn't have to g-" Hermione started, but I intervened.

"As a matter of fact, I believe I have something." I said. Setting all of the ornaments on the side of me, I reached inside my cloak and pulled out three small presents. They were Palm sized. The girls all gasped. "Here, hold out your hands." I said. The girls did as told and I placed each present in there's.

"Dada, it wrewy smaw." Lily said with a frown. With a wave of my fingers, the present grew in their hands. They all squealed with delight.

Tearing the bows off and lifting the lids of the boxes, they pulled out each and every one of there presents.

Lily got a new stuffed bunny that danced around and sang. Serena got a paint set that magically put itself away when she was done, and Ella got a globe with a wintry scene inside.

"Daddy, what is it?" She asked me. Serena and Lily were already playing with their gifts. I pulled Ella into my lap as she held the globe in her hands.

"Its a globe. Whenever you miss me, all you have to do is turn this little dial and say my name." I said quietly.

She was my baby girl. My first daughter and my sweetest. I knew that with me and Hermione being separated bothered her, she was always daddy's girl.

She looked at me and smiled.

"I love it, thank you daddy." She wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me tightly. I didn't want to let go, she was my everything. And so were Serena and Lily, but they were just too young to understand. At six and four, they were bright little girls, but they just didn't fully understand why daddy couldn't stay with them anymore.

"Girls, the cookies are done!" Hermione yelled from the kitchen. The girls jumped up and ran into the kitchen. Chuckling, I stood up and walked in there. There were gingerbread cookies on little plates as glasses of milk were being poured magically. I smirked. She still loved the magic way, even though she claimed the muggle way was better.

"Daddy, have a cookie!" Serena said, handing me a cookie. Taking it from her, I smiled.

"Thank you darling." I said, placing a kiss on top of her head. As they nibbled away on their cookies, making fun of the gingerbread's faces, Hermione looked at me intently. She walked out of the room. Sighing, I followed her.