iii.

Chapter. 3

THE TRANSFER STUDENTS of The Ufletchuary Academy Of The Arcane arrived early the next evening. Long black limousines flew in through the clouds and landed gently upon the stone walkway to Ilvermorny's entrance.

The Ilvermorny students were all gathered in the school's cafeteria to greet them as they entered.

They didn't look like they had a uniform code. Everyone in Ufletchuary dressed differently, some in pants, some in skirts, dresses and suits. The only real similarity in their clothing was that they were all in black.

They marched single file to the front of the room and faced Ilvermorny with their heads held high. None of them spoke a word as their eyes scanned the sea of students with judgmental glares.

They were intimidating to say the least.

Ilvermorny's headmaster, Agilbert Fontaine cleared his throat after a long pause. "Welcome Ufletchuary, to the humble institution of Ilvermorny," he began, "here you will be staying for the remainder of the school year. And with that, attending classes along with the students you see before you. Our goal for from here on out is for you all to get along in hopes of one day combining our schools."

Ufletchuary stayed silent, staring ahead as Ilvermorny began frantically whispering to one another.

"Settle down now." Fontaine urged his students, banging the end of his mahogany cane against the marble flooring. "I expect you all to be on your best behaviour and spread the Ilvermorny school spirit with Ufletchuary. Just as I expect you Ufletchuary bunch to treat the walls of Ilvermorny as your own. If I catch wind of any hostility or disrespect towards one another you will have to deal with not only me but the head of Ufletchuary."

Roma Callisto, Ufletchuary's headmaster, stood near the entrance in a black pantsuit with her arms folded over her chest. Her long blonde hair was tied in a bun as tight as her frown.

"So play nice." Fontaine finished.

The rest of the afternoon was spent sorting each Ufletchuary student into the Ilvermorny equivalent of their respective houses before a grand feast was presented.

Penelope tried to steer clear of any Ufletchuary she came across the following day. She didn't trust herself not to absentmindedly introduce herself to one of them with a hand buzzer or something.

Just the meer thought of pulling a stunt like that made her feel giddy.

Hana had begrudgingly taken a break from her studying to help find a hobby to distract Penelope, along with Estelle. But after three days worth of attempts they were quickly starting to loose hope.

Penelope was a picky girl and definitely wasn't one to continue on with anything she didn't find entertaining for too long. Their was usually about a thirty second window to catch her attention before she moved on to something else. And none of the activities they'd tried out so far seemed to really be working for her.

Too impatient for anything that would take time and too reckless for things requiring a fast pace. Estelle figured it was best not to find a hobby that involved magic for fear of the temptation to blow something up.

After the third day of hobby hunting Penelope decided to try taking long walks around the school.

It didn't really do much to keep her mind off of pranking. In fact, she pretty much spent the entire walk thinking of new inventions and pranking contraptions. Making sure to keep them buried in her mind to pull out at a later date, preferably when she was allowed to.

The three girls sat on the freshly trimmed grass of the school courtyard. They leaned against each other under the shade of a tall tree as they spoke.