Chapter 13

Olivia Pov

"Hello boys... Let's dance." Arielle said, her usual sass present. How was she so calm about this?

"Ooh the girl brought a friend." One of the men laughed.

"Yeah she did, and this friend can beat you in her sleep." Aw, we're friends now. Get back to the problem at hand Olivia.

Before I knew it, Arielle had run forward faster than I could blink. How did she do that? Another blink. The men were clutching injured limbs. Another blink. I was in the car, how did I get here? Another blink, Arielle was sitting next to me, wiping a red substance from the side of her mouth. Was that? Was that blood?

Surprisingly, I wasn't as scared as I once was. Don't get me wrong I was still terrified, but something told me Arielle wouldn't hurt me at least. She then started to speed out of the car lot so quickly I didn't have enough time to put my seatbelt on. I swear I nearly went through the windshield.

"Where... Where are we going?" I asked, trying to hide the stuttering.

"My house. I need to show you something. Don't worry your pretty little head over it."

"Well you got me worrying 'my pretty little head about it'" i said making air quotations about it.

"Look, have I ever hurt you?" she said with a smirk.

"No."

"Then you have nothing to worry about. Just put your seatbelt on." she said clearly trying to distract me.

I did as was told and we just sat there, her hands gripping the steering wheel so hard I thought it might break. I then remember that I was meant to meet up again with Angela and Jessica and the spawn of satan again but yeah that wasn't gonna happen. I pull out my phone to text Angela.

"Give me your phone."

"Why?"

"Don't want you trying to contact someone you shouldn't."

"Okay this is starting to sound like a kidnapping."

"Exactly. I don't want you to get your dear old uncle involved, do I?"

"Okay! Okay, let me Just tell Angela something came up. I was meant to get something to eat with her."

"Fine, do it quickly. Then phone," she said holding out her hand waiting patiently for it.

"Whatever you say 'Friend'."

I quickly sent the text then gave her the phone. We went back to silence, which gave me more time to think about what just happened. Bella just tried to give me up without a second thought. She then gets saved by Edward Cullen, who leaves me as well. If it were not for Arielle, I would probably be dead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arielle POV

Why does the one human I start to like have to be a magnet for trouble? I just want to go to bed! A girl needs her sleep, but nooo, she has to get herself in trouble. I found it hard to believe that even her bitch of a cousin threw her to the wolves. Even harder that Edweirdo saved Bella and not Olivia. Actually, scratch that. I can believe it.

"There. Have my phone. If you wanted to kill me, you would've done it by now." She was a trusting little human wasn't she?

"Don't judge that fast sweetheart." I told her, I wouldn't kill her but it would be fun to mess with her head a bit. She made no movement to show that she was scared but I heard her heartbeat speed up.

"Relax, I won't kill you. I actually like having you around. I do need to tell you some minor details though." I laughed. "Besides, what would your Uncle say?" I smirked this time as she laughed too. We drove in silence for a bit before I pulled into my driveway.

"This is your house?"

I laughed at her disbelief.

"Yup, let's just say my family has been around a long time." I chuckled again at my own joke. "Come on then, stop gawking."

We walked in and I led her to the living room and poured myself a drink.

"Drink?" I offered.

"We're underaged. Although after tonight, sure what you got?"

"Just about everything. What do you like?" I responded, I literally had like every drink known to man/vampire.

"Whatever you're having then." I smirked and poured her a glass of Bourbon. To my surprise she downed it and I refilled her glass.

"Girl after my own heart, let's hope you can handle it Swan." I handed her phone back to her, "Phone Charlie, tell him you're staying at a friends house." She looked back at me dubiously but nodded and called him.

"Right then, let's get down to business. I'm a vampire."

"I Think i'm gonna need something stronger than Bourbon. You said you're what now?"

"A vampire, well a witch too, but mainly a vampire." I said, completely straight faced. Olivia just sat and stared at me.

"Okay... I guess I'll show you what I can do too then." Olivia turned to her empty glass and to my astonishment, it flew in the air a few inches. "You know since we are sharing secrets."

"You're an interesting little human aren't you?" She shrugged.

"I guess, but don't talk about me like that."

"Like what?" I probed.

"Like I'm food or something."

"Oh honey, you are food to my kind. But I won't eat you. The men that were surrounding you, well I ate them but I actually think I'll keep you around Swan." Laughing, I stood up and flashed to the wall and back, fixing my hair.

"Thank... You?" She said tentatively, as if she didn't know whether to thank me or scream at me.

"You're welcome. Now you must have some questions?"

"Are all the legends true?"

"No. Some are better than others. I am super fast and strong. I can compel people to do what I tell them to do and I can compel other vampires, but that is because I am a special kind of vampire. I'm what is known as an original." A flash of recognition crossed her eyes as she started rummaging through her bag. She pulled out an old book with a padlock on. I recognised it but hoped I was wrong.

"I found this in Port Angeles. It is called 'Thee Originals'." I shivered. It was exactly what I thought it was...