Release Date

(Read to the end for an excerpt from Humans)

Hey everyone! I've been getting a lot of questions about the release date of book IV: Humans

Hey everyone! I've been getting a lot of questions about the release date of book IV: Humans. First of all, thank you for all your patience again. You all are amazing people and it warms me up to see you all love this story so much.

I'm excited to announce the official release date for Humans is May 7th, 2020!

Until then...I have some special contests for you all to participate in to prepare for the release.

1. FAN ART - love to make great art? Create some fan art for the "Freaks" series to get your artwork featured/a special shoutout in Humans. You can use any medium to recreate your favorite scene from any of the first three books, something based off your favorite quote, or anything that sparks your creativity. Submit your art to woodcarolinerose@gmail.com with your name and user tag.

2. QUOTE - Comment here your favorite quote from the series for a special shoutout in Humans.

3. SUPER NAME - What's your ideal
superhero (or villain) name? Comment here for a special shoutout in Humans.

4. SCENE SUGGESTIONS - Is there a special scene you're dying to see in Humans? Suggest it in the comments and it may just be written into the fourth book, with a special shoutout included.

In the meantime, I hope you all enjoy these little challenges. Again, Humans will be released on May 7th, 2020, so be on the lookout. Thank you all for being amazing people.

-thecatgurl =^._.^=

PS. For all you writers - I've been posting writing tutorials on my YouTube channel. I recently posted the second part in my series for getting more online reads. You can watch here:

PPS. Enjoy a little excerpt from Humans:

BOOK IV: HUMANS
An excerpt from Part I:

His lips come back down to mine, tenderly. My head rushes with intoxication as I breathe him in. I entangle my fingers in his hair. The first memory of him comes back in fractions, in micro-images that show the texture of everything. The rough concrete underneath his tapping foot. The shallow crease of his dimple as he smiled. The shine of his hair. Silver even underneath the golden sun. It all feels so surreal. Like it was lifetimes go. Like it's DNA wound up inside my muscle tissue. Those images. Those daydreams. They make up my entire being.

I abruptly pull away. Peter's brow knits together in confusion, "What wro—"

My index finger touches his lips, "Somebody's about to knock on the door." He places a final kiss on my mouth and rolls over beside me.

There's a knock on the door.

"Come in," I say. Peter drapes an arm around me and leans his head onto my shoulder.

"__, there's someone at the..." Hank pauses when he sees the state of the room, "Oh god. What happened in here?"

"Spring cleaning."

He takes another look at the piles of junk around the room, "Are you sure it's cleaning?" There's a great whirlwind of air and before I can blink again Hank is dressed up in the cowboy hat Peter was wearing before, a Christmas sweater, some old bracelets, and laced gloves. Peter leans, an elbow bent on Hank's shoulder.

"Yeah. It's cleaning," Peter quips.

"I should've known this would happen when I stepped in here," Hank mumbles with a small smirk, grabbing the hat off his head and smooshing it back down onto Peter's.

"What? You look good," I tell him, laughing.

"Doesn't he?" Peter adds.

Hank rolls his eyes, "What I was trying to say before is that there's someone at the door for you, __."

"Alrighty then," I sigh, standing up from our bed. I joke before I step out into the hall, "You boys have fun playing dress up." Peter beams at me. Hank rolls his eyes again.

Moving around the halls is harder now, with the amount of students here and all. I think back to a time where I couldn't do this — walk through a hall full of people. Now, I know how to flow through all the energies, like navigating a river. They no longer linger. They can brush against my skin one second and simply wash off in the next.

Still, maybe I do kind of miss hiding out in the bathrooms with Peter.

I get to the front door, and I can feel the energy on the other side seeping through the wood and glass. It's hard to put a finger on. Vengeful. A little aggressive. My hands ball up into fists at my side.

The woman on the other side has raven black hair, chopped into sharp angles, purple at the edges. The April sun heats up her tan complexion. She doesn't smile.

"Are you __?" she spits out.

To be continued in Book IV: Humans...