Photo Booth

This takes places on the light novel Catastrophe at 16! So you were fifteen years old during this time!
this story takes place after Sayuri got beaten up so badly by my least favorite character, Seishiro 🤧

•••••

Guren stood by the end of the hall in the 4th floor on the hospital where Sayuri was confined, he doesn't know why he was waiting, he should be going home, rest or maybe train, but the thought of his subordinate gotten beaten up so badly and the fact he can do something but doesn't want to show his powers ate him with guilt. He just doesn't show it.

There was this girl who stood up and tried to stop the fight, it was Shinya's subordinate. She was part of a Jujo Clan and despite having relations with Mito, she was more calm, rational and collected. Different if you say so, she never really cares what clan you were, as long if you're worthy of respect, she'll respect you too. That's why it really caught him off guard when she visits Sayuri.

As if summoning her, she pops up right next to him with a smile. "Hey Guren!" He looks at her with a taise of a brow as she fixed her hair, letting her hair fall over her shoulders. "What's up?"

"What do you want?" He asked, obviously he wasn't the type to have leisurely talks even though she wasn't really a threat. She looks at him, her (e/c) were wide with surprise before chuckling softly. "I'm just starting a nice chit-chat! No need to put your guard up." The boy furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, he wasn't really sure how to react around (Y/n), she's really carefree.

It also makes her unique because her hair, instead of red, was (f/c). Rumors say that she was immune to curses and such, but Guren knew she was being treated an outcast in her family. He has been observing her relationship with Mito. Who keeps nagging that she needs to visit the compound but (y/n) doesn't want to because no one ever wanted her there.

"Since Shinya has some matters to attend to, would you like to accompany me?" She said and Guren again, raised a brow. "You call him by his first name?"
"Meh, he doesn't want things to be formal, and he also wants me to become comfortable around him." She explained easily, putting her hand in her hip and her other hand behind her back.

"And you don't think it's inappropriate for a low branch Ichinose hanging out with a Hīragi's subordinate?"

She put her hand up to cover his lips, but he saw her smirk and her (e/c) glints as she looks at him with mischief. "Like Norito said, I make an exception for hotties."

Before he could retort, she removed her hand from her lips and smiled. Sometimes it caught Guren's guard off. "There's a café nearby! I never had the chance to visit it since exams are kind of important around here." He knew she's not gonna leave him alone, so he sighed and started walking. "Let's go."

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

They looked like couples, Guren walking next to (y/n) as she talks about things she learned from the Hīragi's. They were still in uniforms so of course, her being in short skirt with a high socks look really good on her, especially he knows she's really attractive. So that's why some heads were turned when ever they saw (y/n), unknown to her, they were checking her out.

That's why Guren had to look sharply at the guys who's eyes on her, that immediately look away really quick. But even a stare couldn't do the work, idiots here still looks at her with prying eyes. He felt disgusted, Girls experience this on a daily basis?

It became more perverted that he had to wrap his arm around her shoulder and pull her close. "Ah—!" She looks at the hand on her shoulder before looking at Guren. "So... uh?"

"Your master is going to beat me up real good if he knew I let you walk on the streets with these perverts roaming around." He put his one hand on his pocket and walk, ignoring her mischievous smile.

"I feel like a queen." She laugh and continue on their act.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

The deal was, they visit this café, have a nice drink of coffee, but she was stubborn that she has to drag him inside the arcade across the street.
"Loosen up Ichinose!" She told him, as she pulled him in the photo booth with a grin. "It's just six pictures!"

The first photo was a blurry one, but it was clear that (y/n) was pulling Guren inside the photo booth.

The second was him, realizing that he had sat down and (y/n) smiled at him widely.

The third picture was him deadpanning at (y/n) while she smiled innocently at him.

The fourth one was them looking both at the camera, realizing it has already taking pictures for like 4 times now.

The fifth one was her throwing her arms around Guren, squishing his cheeks.

And the last one was she sat next to him and smiled softly, putting her arm around his shoulder with her head resting in his shoulder, while Guren can't help but had an amused smile on his face as she looks at her.

The pictures has two copies, so she gave him the other one. "Wah~! We look cute here! Well me but still!" She smiles widely like she won something. They still have time, so Guren decided to play those claw machines she has been nagging him.

"Oooh! The bulbasur one." She points her finger at the green fluffy stuff toy pokemon. Guren, having no idea why he has set on getting that pokemon, tried getting it, for like... 7 times? Before it drop down.

She really looks happy when he gave it to her. "Ah~! It's cute!" She hugged the pokemon and the two went out, the last stop was ice cream.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

She had the strawberry one while him the vanilla one. They were walking in the streets of Japan, Guren has to walk her home now.

"Hey Guren?" She spoke up, hugging the stuff toy closely to her. "This is actually the first time I went to that kind of place... uh? like normal place where normal teenagers go." She confessed. "So I'm sorry if I annoyed you, but it's a nice change."

He didn't say anything, of course he knew that feeling as well. He never got the time to visit those kind of place, he put his energy to training than spending money and time on that place. Same goes for her, especially her hair was not the trademark red hair that she has been treated like an outcast, she has to trained harder too.

"I really felt I am a normal teenager, not caring about politics I was force to or about status. It felt really nice."

They stopped at the apartment, where she and Shinya stays. "I guess all i'm saying is..."

"Thank you," she smiled at him as he stood in front of her. "I had fun today." It was genuine, and in that time, Guren even forgets why status are important and what's politics and strength is. It felt it was normal and they were acting their age.

"You're welcome." He only said, before a ding on his phone interrupted them. "I should get going." He said as he looks at the phone, it was Shigure asking him where he was. "Oh, yeah." She said softly, like realization came crashing down on her. "Thank you again Guren, have a nice trip on your way home." She nodded and went inside.

Guren watched her went inside, then he get the picture inside his pocket, examining it before a soft smile creeping on his lips.