Saturday

Jamie's POV
I felt a lot better after talking with Aunt Alex yesterday.

I got all my stressful homework done, slept for as long as I could and when I woke up today I definitely felt a lot better.

I usually took Saturday's off from training and working out but I didn't feel like resting today.

I found myself waking up around 9:00 and instead of reading like I usually do, I found myself here; downstairs working on my core.

I didn't like the idea of simply reading today, I don't know why, working out felt more appealing.

I switch back and forth between sit ups and planking. I'm shooting for at least 30 sit ups and a 2 minute plank each time but once I reach my goal I always push myself further.

I hear the ding of my phone from the other end of the room and drop from my plank. When I check my phone I realize it's just some group chat I was put in for a school project and I mute it seeing as they're not even talking about our assignment.

The clock show me 11:00. Has it really been that long?

Maybe a change of scenery will do me some good, i'll go on a run.

I unplug my phone from the cord, effectively cutting off the music that was playing, and grab my headphones from the shelf next to me.

As I make my way up the stairs I plug my headphones in and put the earbuds into my ears, and when I reach the front door I see mom and mum in the kitchen talking.

They both stop when they see me and smile.

"Where are you going?" Mom asks when she sees me slip my shoes on.

"Just on a run." I tell her.

There's a pause before mum speaks. "Have you eaten yet today?"

I shake my head and open the door, "Not yet, i'll eat when I get back."

Mum bites her lip and mom's smile drops a little but I don't question their looks.

Instead I let the sound of Dean Brody's I Can't Help Myself flood my ears and I begin my run.

Kara's POV
The door closes behind Jamie as she goes out for a run.

"Does she know Alex called?" Lena asks.

I purse my lips and shake my head, not taking my eyes off the door. "Do you think she'll talk to us about it."

I feel something on my hand and when I look down I see Lena's hand on top of mine. "When she's ready." She smiles.

I return the smile, leaning in and giving her a quick, soft kiss before pulling away.

"You can go check on Lexie and Barry, i'll clean up." I say referring to our empty cups.

Lena nods and gives my hand one last squeeze before she's off.

Once Lena is out of the room I stand and bring the two cups over to the sink. When I look out the window above the sink I can see Jamie running through the empty field.

She looked exhausted when she came upstairs. Her hair was messy, dark bags laid under her eyes and those beautiful eyes of hers didn't have their usual spark of fire.

I find myself watching her run until she's out of my view, then my attention turns to the clouds. Heavy, dark clouds are starting to roll in, covering up the sun. I watch as the tall grass across the street blows harshly into the wind. Eventually I return to cleaning the cups in front of me, however I don't get far before my phone rings. I pull it out of my pocket and see Alex's name on the screen. "Hey, what's up?"