Introduction

A/N- Hey guys! This is my first story and any constructive criticism is appreciated. I only own Alex and Jessica.

————————————————————

' This is the story of a town, once
wholesome and innocent, forever
changed by the mysterious death of Jason Blossom on July fourth'

Alex POV:

Jason Blossom. He was my best friend. But now he's gone. I think the whole town was hoping against hope that he was fine. That we'd see him joking around with the football team when we went back to school. That he would be in a booth at pop's with Cheryl and I.

He was more than just my best friend at one point. A few months after we met, we started dating. Surprisingly, his parents adored me. They didn't at first, to absolutely nobody's surprise. The Coopers and the Blossoms has a feud with each other, for as long as anyone can remember. They were appalled when Cheryl and Jason brought me to Thorn hill. I remember that day very well.

Flashback:
" Come on Lexiekins!" Cheryl said waiting for me to get in Jason's car. We were having a sleepover. I look up in awe at the sheer size of the building.

Cheryl and I painted each other's nails, while Jason showed us his music. Dinner was a strange event. Oddly quiet. Until Clifford Blossom decided to interrogate me. He asked all sorts of questions about my life. The one that changed the Blossoms opinion of me however, was " Your parents must be appalled to know that you're here. Hm?" To which I simply responded " That's the goal."

Since then I was always welcomed to Thorn hill with open arms, and the Blossoms often stated that I was one of them. They bought me gifts often, clothes that would anger my father. They took me under their wing, and were more than happy when I started dating Jason. That only lasted a two months, as I found out that my sister Polly, likes Jason. I stepped aside, I would rather Polly be happy, instead of me. Same goes for Betty. Then life returned to normal, Jason was still like a brother to me, Polly hated how much time he spent with me.

End of flashback

On July third, Jason gave me a necklace. I didn't know at the time, that that was the last time I would see him alive. The necklace was beautiful. It had a rose gold chain, with the letter 'A' bejewelled in diamonds.

He told me that as long as I was wearing it, he would always be with me in my heart

He told me that as long as I was wearing it, he would always be with me in my heart. At the time, I thought he was just being sappy. But the next day, it was all over the news. Jason Blossom was dead. He drowned in sweet water river. I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, I stopped leaving my room unless I needed to.

Polly had been sent to a group home, just before Jason's death. Betty kept trying to get me to go out, and eventually it was Jessica who got me out. Jessie and I had been best friends since we were ten. I was going to her family's lake house for two weeks.

*************************************
Time skip brought to you by jerry. Thank you jerry.
*************************************

It was three days until the start of school, and I was sitting in a booth with  my sister and Archie. I've liked Archie for awhile now, but I know that Betty likes him, so I've decided not to act on my crush, and hope it goes away eventually. It definitely doesn't help that he totally had a glow up this summer.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts and into the conversation when I hear Betty about to confess. Right before she could, the door chimed, and in walked a raven haired girl. She was really pretty, or at least, Archie seemed to think so. After a brief discussion with Pop Tate, she came over to our table. She was wearing a black cloak, that seemed expensive.

" Hi. Do you guys go to Riverdale high? I start there tomorrow." Archie was busy staring, and Betty looked upset that Archie wasn't paying attention to her, so I answered for all of us. " Yeah. Those two are sophomores and I'm a freshman. I'm Alex. Alex Cooper. This is Betty Cooper.." I said gesturing to Betty, " and Archie Andrews" at my words Archie seemed to snap out of his daze and shot her a smile.

Those two only had eyes for each other, so I zoned out of their conversation about onion rings. It was kind of upsetting that Archie liked her, but I knew he would never like me anyway. Even if he did, I couldn't do that to Betty. As I was thinking, I got the feeling that someone was looking at me. I turned around and my eyes met those of a boy with raven black hair, wearing a beanie. Jughead. I've seen him around, we were friends when we were younger. Then we just drifted apart. I haven't talked to him much since then.

Words: 933

A/N
I haven't quite figured out an update schedule yet, but the next part should be up in a few days. Let me know what you think so far, feedback is always welcome. I'm not a writer, never have been, but I'm doing my best.

The cover is only temporary, so if you're interested in making me one, that would be awesome. Dm me on instagram if you are interested, or have ideas for the story. I'm interested in hearing people's opinions. j.anderson77 on Instagram. Peace.