Chapter 6

A/N : I am so sorry for updating late today! I was at my aunt's house yesterday and it was kind of hard to focus on my writing as my cousins were around. I am the eldest and I have to do this 'set an example' thing. Again, I'm sorry!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you alright?" Sam asked.

"I'm alright. Why wouldn't I be?" I stared at the empty drink in front of me. I have just finished drinking that awful drink of Charlie after singing for four hours.

I have to sing for extra hours today as someone has booked the cafe for a birthday occasion. Its not that I mind for I was paid extra for it too. Besides, I was the only singer Charlie has.

"Hello? Earth to (Y/N)?" Sam's voice snapped me out of my mind.

"I'm sorry, did you say something?"

"Are you sure you're fine?"

"I'm sure, Sam."

Sam studies me carefully.

"Let's go back home. I'm tired. Both me and Zach have school tomorrow."

"Zach's sleeping in your changing room. Just be quiet," Charlie patted my shoulder.

"OK." I make my way to the changing room.

I replayed my memories till lunch today. That short devil! Can you believe him? He gave me forty pages of math homework! And he wants them to be finished by tomorrow! He knows I have work today! Now that I have to work extra hours, I have to put an all nighter too! I'm sure the floor won't missed me. Come to think of it, I haven't slept on my bed for weeks now. No wonder my body was so stiffed.

I saw Zach's sleeping figure on the sofa so I changed my outfit quietly before I woke him up. But the boy was too tired to even opened his eyes. So I carried him in my arms. I took his bag in my other free hand.

"Hey, (Y/N), let me carry him. You take his bag." Sam ushers. He took Zach from me before I could say anything.

"Don't worry, (Y/N), I have made sure he eats something before he sleeps." Martha came from the kitchen with a plastic bag. She held it out for me to take.

"What's this?"

"Your dinner tonight. I cooked it."

"But I-"

"Yes, I know you can cook for yourself but you look too tired for your own sake. And I won't take 'no' as an answer."

I smiled at Martha not knowing what to say. She was the best! I hugged her tightly.

"Thank you," I whispered.

Martha returned my hug, patting me on my back in process.

"You're most welcome, dear. Now go, the night is getting late and you need your sleep too."

I pulled away from her. I kissed her cheek and said my goodbye to her and Charlie before we left.

"So, you're not going to tell me what's on your mind?"

"There's nothing on my mind, Sam."

"Right, and I rode a unicorn to my work."

I rolled my eyes. Sam and his sarcasm.

"Just some homework, Sam. I have to finish them before tomorrow."

"You are so planning to avoid sleeping tonight, aren't you?"

I shrugged. Not denying it.

Sam shook his head.

"You have your coffee stocked up right?" He knew he can't make me leave my homework undone. I'll be bothered by them anyway.

"Yeah. Don't worry."

Sam only shook his head at me.

"Just don't exhaust yourself, (Y/N)."

"I won't."

I let Sam took Zach to his bedroom as he won't let me. He said something about me needing my energy for my homework.

"Good night, Sam." I said after he kissed my forehead goodbye.

After I locked the door, I make my way to my bedroom.

"Hello maths." I said whilst staring at the stack of paper. That short devil is planning my death.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N : the chapter is short.. I know.. I'm so sorry DX