3.

"And what do we have here?" Cassidy groggily opened her eyes and squinted up only to see John B hovering over her. She realized that throughout the night, she had ended up on top of JJ with her cheek pressed to his chest and his arms wrapped securely around her small frame. JJ's arms wrapped more tightly around her as he began to wake up. "Get up lovebirds" John B called out grinning and in return, he got a pillow thrown at his face from a half-asleep JJ. 

The girl slowly slid out from his arms and stretched, sitting up on the couch. She then placed a light kiss on JJ's temple while he continued to groan about getting woken up. Chuckling at the boy's antics, she got up to check the mirror to assess the damage from the night before. Her eyes remained red and puffy and the bags under her eyes were exacerbated more than usual. Her hair was also coming out of the ponytail she had thrown it in the previous day so she threw it up again into a messy bun and headed to the bathroom to change. She always left a pair of clothes at the chateau because she spent so much time there. She quickly slipped on the bright red triangle bikini but after putting it on, she decided to throw JJ's sweatshirt on over it with a pair of shorts. The familiar warmth was a comfort that she wasn't willing to give up that early in the morning. She tried to turn the lights on but the bathroom remained dark. "Shit," she exclaimed. Quickly, she splashed cold water on her face before exiting the bathroom and bumping into John B in the hallway.

"No service," John B stated pointing to his phone.

"Ya, no power either," she replied awkwardly

"Hey about last night...." Cassidy began tentatively.

"Don't worry about it. It's forgotten. Just let me know if you wanna talk about it ok? I'm here for you Cassie. Always." He reassured the small girl, pulling her into a hug and placing his chin on the top of her head.

She flashed him a grateful smile and then headed over to her sleeping beauty who was sprawled all over the couch with his mouth open drooling. 

"Wakey wakey" Cassie called out to JJ, throwing a pillow at his face which seemed to wake him up. 

"Yo JJ, have you been outside yet?" questioned John B as he walked into the living room after changing his clothes.

"I have polio bro. I can't walk." JJ muttered incoherently into the pillow.

The brunette laughed at the boy. "So if I decided to go into the kitchen and take my top off, you wouldn't be able to follow me?" she replied tauntingly, taking steps towards the kitchen and away from the sleeping boy. Before she could even finish her sentence, he shot up from the couch looking at her with his signature smirk. She rolled her eyes and commented "pervert".

A disappointed JJ and an amused Cassidy followed John B into the wreck that was once his front yard. A large tree had fallen over, roots and all, and debris was scattered in the water and all over the yard. 

"That is not good," John B exclaimed,  staring at the destruction.

"I mean... It's looked better. I'm not gonna lie. But it could be a whole lot worse," she attempted to reassure him, sending him a small smile. 

"Agatha did some work huh?" JJ called out from the deck where he had already started drinking again. 

"She sure did," replied John B and motioned for Cassie to help him lift the debris off of the boat parked in his yard. 

"What're you thinkin'?" questioned JJ as he watched Cassie and John B clean off the boat.

"I'm thinking that the storm surge pushed all the crabs out on the marsh maze. All those Drum are going to chase the crabs." John B explained.