Chapter 2: U.A. Recommendation Entrance Exam

You gulped, hand slowly trailing away from the front of your f/c shirt after touching the half piece of paper with the number '33' printed on the center of it.

You couldn't believe it, here you were, at the U.A. Recommendation Entrance Exam. Being young and overly hopeful at the prospect of attending one of the world's finest schools known for Hero education, you never even stopped to question why, how, or who recommended you in the first place. 

Katsuki would explode if he knew I were here right now.

It had been difficult these past two weeks, hiding the fact that you got an invitation to take part of the early entrance exam. Mainly, because you guys were together all the time and it was hard for you to suppress your excitement and nervousness about the opportunity.

You were supposed to go to his house today and watch a marathon of old All Might movies with him (there was an unspoken word in which you two automatically hung out together on the weekends), but he grew suspicious after you telling him yesterday that you had plans today.

He raised a brow, asking where you were going and what you were up to, and you lied, saying you had to help your mom with something. Luckily, he just shrugged it off, not pressing you for any more details.

You thought just this once that it would be best to keep this a secret for now. 

I mean...I might not even get in, so why tell him if I end up having to take the regular entrance exam later anyways...?

You were just about ready to line up amongst the other recommended middle schoolers from different schools when you felt someone stalking up from behind you.

They knocked their shoulder harshly against yours on the way to getting in line themselves. When they passed and turned to face you, you froze after making eye contact with them.

You didn't remember seeing the boy during the written test earlier.

He was reasonably tall for his age, head full of crimson red and white colored hair perfectly split down the middle. His obviously clenched jaw paired with the glacial glare he shot you with those unique set of turquoise and grey colored eyes of his made your blood run cold.

You probably deserved it though for letting your eyes linger on the burn scar on the left side of his face that reached from his hairline to halfway down his cheek.

"S-Sorry-" You were midway of apologizing, either for him knocking into you or for you staring (you honestly weren't sure at this point), but he didn't even bother waiting, turning sharply away from you with the most intimidating look in his eyes still.

So scary...I wonder what his Quirk is. You thought, but then the sound of a whistle coming from Present Mic, Pro-Hero, U.A. teacher, and facilitator for the practical test next made you drop any more thoughts about the boy as you took a spot in line, two people down from him.

***

You tensed as soon as your name was called since it was your turn for the practical exam.

The practical exam comprised of students racing, six at a time through a mile long obstacle course using their Quirks. Students received numbers and their times get recorded.

"Shoto Todoroki." Was the last name called after yours, completing the group of six you were going to race against.

You almost frowned when the boy with bicolored hair confidently stepped forward, his head focusing straight ahead and expression unwavering.

Todoroki? The name seemed to ring a bell, but you couldn't figure out where you recognized the name from in time before Present Mic motioned the six of you to follow him to the starting line.