Moon Light (GyJo)- Modern AU

thanks for over a thousand views dudes, that's never happened before didn't know ppl would like my writing that much since it ain't that good :/

Anyways I am sorry I haven't finished BruAbba week! I just haven't felt inspired enough to get the ideas out so I'm taking a tiny break by writing this GyJo oneshot then I'll hopefully finish BruAbba week. 

---------

Gyro looked out the balcony window from his kitchen in his studio apartment. So far today the weather had been ugly. The wind chill making it feel like thirteen degrees outside, Gyro shivered just thinking about it. 

He'd spent most of his afternoon inside, having the day off from the clinic due to some American holiday Gyro didn't care to learn after moving here three months ago. The Italian had wrapped himself with every fleece blanket he could find in the small apartment and huddled up to the small TV, coffee mug in hand. 

But now it had gotten warmer, the nights sky dark and clear with a few sporadic clusters of stars hanging about in the twilight. 

He shifted his weight as he stood on the cold tiled floor, his fuzzy socks doing nothing to keep the cold out. 

As he stood there something in the back of Gyro's mind itched him to go outside and stare at those stars, to reach out and grab a handful of galaxies and space. He shook his head, deciding it was far too brisk to go out and stargaze tonight, plus was he even allowed on the roof of the apartment building?

He poured the rest of his now cold coffee down the kitchen sink drain and slumbered to his bed, ready to turn in for the night when a flash of light distracted him from the corner of his eye. 

He paused, half-way to the comfy bed when he turned to glance once more out the balcony window. 

Stars were shooting across the sky, dimly lighting up the sky as Gyro gaped at the astronomical event happening before him. 

Gyro pulled his blanket closer to his chest as he dashed to his balcony, throwing open the sliding glass door. The cool night's air wasn't as bad as he expected it to be, the air refreshing compared to Gyro's stuffy apartment. 

He craned his neck to get a better view of the stars but that was easier said than done with the roof overhang in the way. 

The Italian pondered the idea of climbing onto the roof and watching the meteor shower, laying against the slanted tiles. But then again what would happen if he was caught? 

His hands worked against his brain as Gyro pulled the Bristo chair next to the door up to the overhang, he stepped on the chair, pulling himself on to the roof with a grunt. 

Any thought of being caught was pushed from his mind as he shifted about on the tiles, getting comfortable with his blanket. 

The stars whizzed past the sky, dimly lighting up the darkness around him as Gyro watched with a child-like wonder, his mouth slightly agape. It was a truly beautiful one in a lifetime thing, seeing the stars like that. 

"Pretty cold out, right?" Asked a voice, thick with a southern accent. 

Gyro's eyes widened at the possibility of being caught and looked to his left where the voice had come from.

A man was sitting on the roof a few apartments down. His shaggy blonde hair was pulled back with a blue beanie and in his hand was some sort of American alcohol Gyro was unfamiliar with. His eyes were amazingly blue and seemed to light up the night's sky, brighter than any star he's seen, Gyro would've stared at them longer than any other astronomical wonder he had seen before, and would never get bored.

 He was just so damn pretty

The blonde-haired man shivered, pulling a blanket near him closer as he stared up at the sky. Gyro's mouth was dry as he stared, too nervous to respond. 

"Real' pretty too."

Something about that voice was so familiar to Gyro. The stranger's voice was almost comforting like he'd been through up's and down with him, grown alongside him, like he depended on him.

"Y... Yeah..." Stuttered Gyro turning back to the sky.  

The rustle of the wind whistled in Gyro's ears as the other man sighed. 

"You want a Budlight?" He asked, lifting his drink filled hand in a welcoming gesture. 

Gyro raised an eyebrow, cocking his head curiously at the drink. "'Never had one before."

"mmm, they taste like shit." Laughed the man, taking another sip as he scooted closer to Gyro. "'names Johnny, by the way."

"Gyro." 

"Where you from Gyro?" Asked Johnny only a few feet from Gyro now. "'cause I feel like I know you from somewhere... You didn't happen to live in Kentucky at all?" He asked, laying back on the uncomfortable roof tiles. 

Gyro shook his head, laying back with Johnny. "Italy actually, Naples." 

Johnny nodded. "I just feel like I know you from somewhere."

"Same here." Sighed Gyro, looking back at the stars. 

Silence passed between them once more as Gyro turned to look at the man. 

"I'd like to try one of those drinks."

-----------

"Okay now get this!" Hiccuped Gyro loudly, Johnny shushed him, laughing. 

"Sorry." Whispered Gyro with a smile. 

The meteor shower had long since ended and now the two stood inches apart, having had one too many beers. 

"So my dad was all 'you'll be a doctor Lullius, just like my father and his father and his father.'" mimicked Gyro, interrupting his story with a laugh. 

"You should've seen how disappointed he was when I told him I'd be spending a year in America!"

Johnny laughed, taking another sip from his bottle. 

"I'm glad you're in America, Gyro." Johnny smiled and Gyro couldn't tell if the blush on his face was from that statement or the fact he has drunk his weight in alcohol. 

Silence passed once more, the two staring silently at each other, both too afraid to look away like they'd miss something. 

Johnny spoke up, not looking away as his gaze dropped slightly to Gyro's lips. 

"I know we just met Gyro... But I really, really like you." He sighed leaning in even more as Gyro gulped nervously, all previous intoxicated thoughts banished from his mind. 

"I... I really, really like you too, Johnny." He smiled leaning in. 

It was a truly beautiful one in a lifetime thing, meeting someone like that. 

---------

Again sorry for not finishing BruAbba week, I'll get it done soon I just haven't been satisfied with anything I've written thus far and want to write something I know I'll like. Thanks for being patient with me and in the mean time I hoped you enjoyed depressed gay cowboys.