Another GyJo Chapter

The chapter you're about to read is an ao3 fanfic I'm writing!

if you like how it sounds I'll link it in the comments! You can also find it under my account name, gloooomanddooom!

while i'm writing this fanfic i'm going to take a break from my one-shot book, it won't be too long and I hope you understand!

-------------

Johnny could hear his dad grumbling from the living room which meant it was time for him to get up. He sat up in bed, groaning. Johnny had gotten barely any sleep last night, the wind and the haunting sneers Diego Brando had been throwing at him echoed in his room, causing Johnny to shiver. And for the first time, he wished he had more blankets in the dry summer Kentucky air.

His hands gripped the clothes which he'd laid out the night before that consisted of, his favorite denim jacket, a bleached white T-shirt, jeans, and his dirty pair of converse.

Johnny tried to get a new pair, but he had no money. Between saving up for a good wheelchair and feeding himself he just didn't have the expenses to pay for shoes, and it wasn't like his dad was going to lend him any.

The Blonde-haired boy let out a forlorn sigh as he dressed and haphazardly ran a comb through his messy blonde hair, pulling his beanie on, staring at his reflection in this dresser mirror. He was suddenly pulled from his thoughts when he heard the familiar honk of Lucy's car, his head jerking to the source of the sound.

"Your friends outside!" His dad grunted from the living room, annoyed. God, Johnny didn't want to have to deal with him. But he also didn't want to keep Lucy waiting, so he grabbed his bag and wheeled through the backdoor, into their yard, not wanting to face his father.

Johnny threw open the gate with one arm, his bag in the other, and made his way towards Lucy's light pink Ford Cortina. She waved at him from the driver's seat, her head barely peeking up from the dashboard.

Lucy cranked down her window and waved. "Heya Johnny!"

"What it is, what it is?" Asked Johnny, as the young girl climbed out of her car to help the blonde-haired boy.

The backseat was big enough for Johnny's wheelchair if they folded it. He hated getting out of his wheelchair, and was often too stubborn to ask for help when facing staircases at his school, Johnny felt like he was being manhandled, and would get embarrassed at the thought of someone needing to help him get his lame feet around.

He tried to save up for one of those fancy parapelegic cars he'd read about, but he had to think of his priorities first. Still the southern couldn't help but feel guilty for making Lucy drive him from place to place.

Lucy grabbed Johnny's arm and put her other hand around his waist, as they wobbled to the shotgun seat.

Once sitting Johnny pulled his seat belt over his chest and watched Lucy get into the driver's seat from the car's mirrors.

The door slammed shut as Johnny turned to face her. "Lucy... Thanks for-"

Lucy cut him off, starting up the car. "There's nothing to apologize for Johnny, I'll always be there for you, no matter what."

Johnny didn't respond, he nodded shyly, and looked out the window.

💚💙💚💙💚💙

In the cafeteria at Devil's Palm there was twenty tables, four rows of five, and Johnny had been sitting at the same one for the last four years.

Johnny had claimed the top right table as his own back in his freshman year and then two years later, Lucy joined him.

The lunchroom smelled like bleach along with other nose burning cleaning supplies, and the food practically tasted the same (besides the school's salads, those were far out).

Johnny threw his bag onto the white table, and wheeled his chair to a gap between the matching white seats.

Lucy had protested to the student board that they should make a table for disable students, but they'd refused, saying that Johnny was their only disabled student and there simply wasn't enough need for one.

She'd been fuming for weeks afterward, and would complain constantly to Johnny about how exclusive the teachers were being. Johnny didn't quite care, not wanting to deal with the confrontation.

"I'm gonna get breakfast." Sighed Lucy, putting her backpack besides Johnny's. "Want anything?"

"I'm good, I had a big dinner last night."

Lucy looked Johnny up and down, crossing her arms. A brief silence passed between the two as Lucy gave Johnny the ol' western stare down. The southerner couldn't hold her glare as his gaze dropped to the floor.

"...I'll get you a bagel."

Lucy skipped off to the lunch line as Johnny buried his head in his arms. She was being too nice to someone sick like him, he needed to get her a present for even willing to be in his presence.

"Hey John boy!" Crackled the familiar voice of Diego Brando. He slipped himself into the chair next to Johnny like a snake.

Johnny imagined himself imploding Diego's head with lazerbeams straight from his eyes, god did he not want to deal with him.

Before he started to add sound effects to his daydream, Dio interrupted him smiling slyly at the scrawny teen.

"Did your girlfriend finally leave?" He asked, spinning around so his back was facing the table.

Johnny glared at him in response, lifting his head from his arms.

"Ouch! Someone's grumpy today." he teased, spreading his long legs and leaning back in his chair.

Diego Brando was extremely annoying. He dressed like a monkey, with a long turquoise turtleneck and khaki pants. Dio had shaggy blonde hair that Johnny thought looked like a kids failed macaroni art which cascaded past his ears in a weird mullet and his strangely sharp teeth pointed upwards in a crooked smile.

"I know just the thing that'll cheer you up Joestar!" He exclaimed and before Johnny could acknowledge what he was doing Diego snatched the bright blue beanie from atop his head.

"How about a little game of catch!" He smiled, twirling the hat around his fingers. Johnny's eyes widened and he reached for the knitted beanie as Diego wound up his arm like he was a pitcher for the yankees.

Before the southerner could grab the hat back Dio launched it across the cafeteria like some sort of rock in a slingshot.

It sailed across the lunchroom landing straight in Diego's best friends food tray. The girl's name was Hot Pants. No one quite knows how her and Dio became friends, whenever someone asks she always blushes, stutters something then looks away.

HP's clothing didn't match at all with Diegos. Her hot pink hair fell over her eyes in even bangs and she wore a strangely stripped loose turtleneck.

Her eyes snapped up to the two blonde boys, glaring.

"Diego Brando get your hat out of my mash potatoes this instant!" She shouted, fuming. Diego laughed awkwardly, but quickly regained his composure as he turned to Johnny once more, his eyes glinting.

"You heard her John boy, go get your hat."

And just like that Diego slithered away.