No wrong thoughts

I was Sally's best friend for 19 years and I live with her. Sure, Morpheus is her guardian-by-law but I think I stick around her much more than Morpheus. I was 13 when I first met that crazy and cute 5 year old and we went through primary, graduation, high school and an another graduation together. 

But, Morpheus is a year older than me and I had to agree, he stops Sally setting fire to her room better than I do. So that's how we live. In an apartment flat in Florida, with me and her together and  Morpheus in the opposite flat. 

Morpheus asked her out three days ago and I was creeped out of my wits when I thought she was gonna say yes, but she said no in the end and Morpheus still says he doesn't believe her. 

I get it. If we date we would be more awkward than Morpheus because we literally sleep in the same bed. Shoot. And no wrong thoughts. We're just like siblings really, because Sally doesn't have a parent and we just wandered around by ourselves as orphans until Morpheus took us in when we were caught by the police when Sally was 12. Sally was technically under 16, so she needed a guardian over 20, so Morpheus who  was just 21 and he lived alone with a damn cool job of a con artist and she went straight to his arms.

I did complain coz I was 20 then, but the lawyers said I needed a job to apply, and while I was working in the resumes, Sally was adopted. Okay. At first, I demanded to see what he did for a living and he replied with that English deep accent that he was a con artist and I punched him and he locked me in my room.

Sally hated Morpheus too. She said he was a rotten cockroach father. Morpheus said he liked her. 

When I came out, Sally was as close to Morpheus as she was to me. It got me angry.