Epilogue

5 years later
"Mommy, mommy!" I heard Christopher calling for me. I turned around to the sound of his voice and saw him running towards me. "Marissa said that she won't play with me because I won't let her play with my LEGO's. I watched my son run and cry because Marissa refuses to play with him. Trent and Jessica had Marissa a year after Christopher was born.

When he first laid eyes on her he didn't want to leave her. He would cry every time we brought him to see her and he had to leave. He's been joined to her hip since day one. We believe that they are mates seeing how possessive he acts over her and he is only 5. Marissa is a stubborn little girl but she loves to mess with Christopher because she knows how much it bothers him when she says she doesn't want him around her.

I took my son's hand and walked to where they were playing with each other in the living room. I saw Marissa playing on the floor with her dolls and when I entered she looked up and ran towards me hugging my leg. "Luna!" I watched her look over and see that Christopher was with me and she shot him a glare. "Why is that meany here?" She stuck her tongue out at him and turned her face away from him.

I saw Christopher put his head down and he looked sad. I felt sorry for my poor baby. "I heard that you told Christopher you didn't want to play with him." I looked down at Marissa awaiting her response.

"I asked him if I could play with his legos and he said that I couldn't because legos weren't for girls. So I told him since I'm a girl I wouldn't play with him." I saw her pout in anger and it had to be the cutest thing ever.
I turned to look down at Christopher. "Now Christopher you know that it was not nice to say she couldn't play with your legos because she is a girl. What have I told you about sharing your toys? You're never going to win her over if you continue to act that way." I told him in a stern voice.

"Yes mommy." He let go of my hand and walked over to a stack of legos and picked one up. He walked back over and up to Marissa who was still hugging my legs. "I'm sorry for saying that you couldn't play with my legos cause you're a girl." He handed her the LEGO and she took it hesitantly. "Can we play together again?"
I felt her unwrap from my legs and she took his hand in hers and smiled at him. They both ran back over to the pile of toys in the living room. I smiled at the both of them. I stood there a moment just watching them play together lost in my own thoughts.

"Daddy!" I watched Christopher run past me and I knew that Kaine had come back from his pack duties. I turned around to see Christopher in Kaine's arms while he told him about what happened between him and Marissa. I walked over to them with a smile on my face.
When I approached them Kaine looked down at me. He pulled me into his side and leaned down to kiss me. He pulled away and rubbed my stomach. "How's my baby girl doing?"

"Well she won't stop moving around. I'm sure she'll be ready to pop out any day now." I was pregnant again and this time we were having a girl. Kaine was so excited because he couldn't wait to spoil our daughter. I also felt like he was excited because Christopher was a Momma's boy and Kaine felt like he wasn't getting any love. I would laugh at him when he would pout when Christopher held tight to me and refused to go over to his father when he was a baby.

He hopes that our daughter will give him unconditional love since he says Christopher and I neglect him. I was ready for our new addition to the family Chelsea Rene Langston.
————————————————————————————-
Authors Note
I'm thinking about doing a sequel to The New Luna, that will be called The Second Chance Luna.

The story would follow Chelsea, Kaine and Dannielle's daughter. So stay tuned!