ONE

You walked into the gym to see two new boys talking with Daichi, Sugawara, and Tanaka. You adjusted the bag that was slung over your shoulder and gave a surprised look.

'Must be new first years.' you thought. 

"Hey, Y/n!" Tanaka greeted, ignoring the two. One was short with orange hair, and the other looked kind of, well, sulkish. He was taller, with dark hair.

"Hey, Tanaka!" you smiled, walking over to the five.

"Who's that?" the orange haired boy asked curiously.

"This is Y/n Ukai." Daichi introduced you.

"No disrespect, but that's a girls name." The dark haired one said. "And isnt Ukai the old coach?"

"Yeah, Y/n is a girl, and she's a third year. So you better respect her." Tanaka said smugly. "Oh, and that's Ukai's great granddaughter."

"Are you the manager?" the orange haired boy asked.

"Nope! I'm on the team." you smiled.

"Wow! Really?" he asked, "That's so cool!"

"So anyways," Daichi said, "How tall are you?"

"Six feet." the dark haired one said. The smaller one tried desperately to get the others attention. You felt a little bad for him.

"Woah." Sugawara said.

"Six feet? That's bad ass!" Tanaka exclaimed.

"Hey!" the small one yelled.

"Huh?" Tanaka asked, everyone looked over at him.

"Hey, it's you!" Tanaka yelled, pointing at him, "you're the shorty!"

"Wait a minute," Daichi said, "So the other applicant goes by Shouyo Hinata. I guess that's you? It's just, kind of surprising, that's all. But, well hey! You guys both chose Karasuno."

"Guess so." Hinata said.

"Didn't mean to freak you out, it's just you made a big impression last year." Sugawara said.

"Yeah, you were tiny and all over the place, but you really had some spunk!" Tanaka exclaimed.

"Wow! Thanks a lot!" Hinata said.

"And not to mention that jump of yours!" Sugawara smiled.

"It's too bad you haven't hit a growth spurt yet." Tanaka said.

"Agh! I know, I may be small, but i've got talent! I'll be Karasuno's ace before you know it!" Hinata yelled.

"Hot damn! Already got your eyes on the ace position do ya?" Tanaka asked.

"Well there's nothing wrong with shooting for the stars, right?" Sugawara asked. Hinata smiled.

"Yeah! I'll do my best!" He exclaimed. You peeked over at Daichi's clip board to see the other applicants name. Tobio Kageyama.

"Now that you've sworn to be the ace, you better back it up! If you're not careful, you'll waste another three years." Kageyama said.

"Excuse me?" Hinata asked, approaching Kageyama.

"Gah, was that really necessary Kageyama?" Daichi asked.

"I did everything I could. I did. Look, I've done a lot! Stop putting me down!" Hinata said angrily.

"Relax guys, you know you're not enemies anymore, right? Volleyball is supposed to bring people together." Daichi tried to reason with them.

"I want you to play me right now!" Hinata said. I nervously looked over at Sugawara.