FIVE

You woke up to your alarm coming from your phone. Your phone was still across your room in your laundry pile, you groaned and walked over to it. You turned it off.

You still felt like absolute shit, the guilt eating at you from last night. You slipped into your school uniform and grabbed your bag. You walked out of your room and threw your bag down the hall.

You went into the bathroom and washed your face and finished getting ready. You walked out of the bathroom and down the hall.

"Good morning, kid." Ukai said, sitting at the kitchen table. You waved as you threw yourself on the couch.

"You have to eat breakfast before practice." he said.

"What time is it?" you asked.

"Six thirty-two." he said.

"Cool, we should leave soon."

"You need to eat, Y/n." he said sternly.

"I'll eat there, Suga always brings me a snack."

"Whatever." he sighed.

"Yup, is my club bag still in the car?" you asked.

"Yeah. No nightmares last night, right?"

"Mhm." you nodded.

"That's good, go ahead and get in the car. I'll be out there in a little bit."

"Okay." you said.

You grabbed your school bag and got into the car. You checked your phone and saw a message from Daichi.

Daichi:

Call me when you see this.
5:47 a.m.

You looked at the message in confusion. You texted him back instead.

You:

I'm about to leave for practice, what's up?
6:39 a.m.

You put your phone down. Your uncle walked out of the door with a bag of his own and got into the car.

"You look exhausted." you said.

"Me? I'm fine." he said as he pulled out of the drive way.

"You need to take a day off soon." you said. You looked down at your phone when it lit up, Daichi had responded.

"Who's that?" he asked.

"Daichi." you said as you looked at his message.

Daichi:

I'll talk to you at practice.
6:43 a.m.

You put your phone down and sighed. You didn't know what was going on, and part of you wanted to stay home again today. Of course, it was too late for that so you sucked it up and looked at your uncle.

"What did he want?" he asked.

"I don't know, he just said he had to talk to me during practice." you said.

"Ah, okay." he nodded. You rode the rest of the way in silence. Once you got there, you were about to say goodbye when you saw Sugawara walk outside. You slid down in your seat a bit as he walked up to Ukai's side of the car.

"Good morning Ukai." Sugawara said with a bright smile.

"Morning, what's up kid?" he asked.

"Here, I don't know if Y/n told you but she dropped her medication last night and it's my fault. Here's the bottle if you need it."

"It's all good, don't worry. We got her a new bottle and she should be okay. Thanks for worrying though. You're a good kid." Ukai said.

"C'mon Y/n, lets go in." Suga said.

"Okay." you said, getting out of the car.

"Bye, Y/n." Ukai said.

"Bye." you mumbled, walking to the door quickly.

"Hey, wait up!" Suga said, jogging over to you.

"Huh?"

"Why'd you disappear last night?" he asked.

"I left because my uncle was ready if that's what you're asking." you said.

"You didn't even say goodbye!" he said as you opened the door.

"Sorry, didn't know it was that important." you mumbled.

"Are you okay, you seem.. different. Or upset, I don't know." he said.

"Just tired." you said.

"Good morning, Y/n!" Tanaka said excitedly.

"Morning Tanaka." you said.

"Hey, Y/n. Set your stuff down and join me outside when you're ready. I need to talk to you." Daichi said.

"K." you said, walking over to the bleachers. You set your bag down and sighed.

Daichi was standing at the door and you walked over. He opened it and you two stepped outside.

"How're you feeling?" he asked as he shut the door. You sat down and scrunched your nose.

"I'm fine, why?" you asked.

"I spoke to Asahi last night."

"Okay, so did I." you looked at him.

"I'm well aware. He told me a few things." he said.

"Daichi."

"What?"

"Get to the point." you said.

"Are you okay. Like, genuinely, one hundred percent okay? You're worrying us."

"Yes," you said, "I'm perfectly fine. I like helping you guys out, don't worry about me. I'd rather worry about you guys."

"You know you have to worry about yourself too, right?"

"I will when I need to."

"Sugawara and I are really worried about you, maybe you need a break?" he suggested."

"Daichi, I am fine. Why don't we start practice. I don't know what Asahi told you, but Im fine."

"How about I make a deal with you." he said.

"What?" you whined.

"You have to admit what happened with Asahi and Noya wasn't your fault or else you can't play in our next game." Daichi said.

"That won't do shit. I'm not good at volleyball, you're just doing yourself a favor." you rolled your eyes.

"I will get Suga and Tanaka on your ass if you say that again." Daichi threatened.

"Ok?"

"You're our best player, accept that before we make you."

"Fine." you said.

"Do you need a hug?" he asked.

"Daichi, I'm fine." you said, standing up.

"You sure?" he asked.

"I guess I wouldn't mind a hug." you mumbled.

He gave you a bear hug, wrapping you in his arms.

"Now let's get to practice!" he said with a bright smile.