1

Candice LeRae watched as snow peacefully fell, the crackling of the fire could be heard in the back along with hushed whispers from her parents.
For it was winter time, a child's favorite time of the year, her  favorite time of the year.
And not only was it Christmas day but it so happened to be Candice's birthday.

She smiled to herself, sipping eggnog out of the mug.

"Candice!" Her mother called out from the living room. 

"Coming, mother!" She chimed, putting her mug down and going down the stairs. She had already opened all her presents and ate her cake, she questioned to herself what on earth they could be calling her for. 

Nonetheless, she went into the living room, grinning.
"Yes?" She asked, smiling bright. 

"Oh, our gorgeous girl.." Her mom cooed, bringing her into a hug along with her father.
"Aughh..mom.." She muttered, hoping the curtains were covering the window.
She'd die if her friends Tegan Nox and Joey Ryan saw this.

"It seems like only yesterday we were blessed with you." Her dad added. "Well it was eighteen years ago.." Candice said in a sing song voice. "Gah! Don't remind us!" Her parents both said.

"But..anyhow..we decided we should give you..." Her mom went to the back of the Christmas tree, grabbing something. "This."

Her mother was holding a tiny white box wrapped with a red ribbon.

She handed Candice , guiding her to the couch. The girl stared at both her parents, unsure if she was allowed to open her gift already. "Go ahead, open it." 

Candice carefully untied the ribbon, and then opened the top of the box.
She let out a gasp.

It was a teal colored crystal, attached to a chain. It was a necklace Candice had been asking since she was sixteen. 
"Oh my gosh!" Candice gushed.

She looked back up at her parents. 
"It's so gorgeous! I've been wanting this for years now!" 
Both her parents were smiling, her mom getting up to put the necklace on her. "Thank you." She smiled, rushing to the closest mirror and admiring how she looked.

"Thank you so much!"
She hugged both of her parents, never letting go of her smile.

"Remember to keep up with your studies Candice, and don't lose or break it...it was very expensive." Her dad reminded her.

"I won't! I promise!" She promised.
Candice looked outside the window, noticing Joey and Tegan outside together and playing in the snow.
"Am I allowed to go outside?" The blonde asked, happy to see her Dad nod.

She put on her boots and jacket and then carefully took off her necklace almost rushing outside. "Teegs! Jowee!" Candice called out, running towards them.
"Candice!" Her friends said in unison, Tegan started building a snowball. 

"Happy birthday!" Joey said, giving Candice a big hug. "Aw..thanks Joey." She muttered, her words coming out muffled due to the hug. 

A snowball hit the back of Candice and she gasped, jumping up. The slush rolled down her back as she noticed it was Tegan who threw it. "Happy Birthday squirt!" She tackled her friend and they rolled around in the snow for a few seconds and laughing. 

Tegan Nox and Joey Ryan had been Candice's best friends since she was 6. 
She wouldn't trade them for the world.

Joey joined them on the ground, the trio was probably going to get yelled at by their parents later due to all the snow and how drenched their clothes were, but at the moment they didn't care.

"This is the best." Candice sighed.

"This is the worst.." 
Johnny Gargano shivered, bringing his flannel closer to him.
He unrolled his jeans but that didn't help either. "Tell me about it..I hate Christmas."
Adam Cole sat next to him, setting his head on Johnny's shoulder.