2

Candice blinked slowly, rising up from her bed.
She yawned, rubbing sleep out of her eyes. The blonde sat there for a moment, listening to the birds chirp and the sound of the wind blowing. 

"Alright then," She muttered to herself. "Time to start the day." 

She still felt extremely tired, not going to bed until 12 AM because she was up with Joey and Tegan. 
Brushing her teeth and getting the morning breath out of her mouth.
She swore she could still taste the cake from yesterday.

Trudging downstairs, she was confused to find her mom talking to another women.
Her dad sitting right next to her mom, rubbing her back and smiling.

The two looked at the staircase in surprise, not expecting their daughter to be up so early after she stayed up so late.
"Good morning...?" She said in a questioning tone. "Candice, now is not the right time..we're gonna umm.." Her mom started, but looked back at Candice's dad. 

"Your mother here just found some shocking news, we can't explain it right now--"
"But we will when we can!" Her mom chimed in. Candice raised an eyebrow, hand on her hips. "When then?" She asked.

"Tomorrow maybe..look, we're gonna need you to stay the night at Tegan's house for now..we'll explain everything once everything is settled." Candice's mom kissed her forehead and sent Candice upstairs

"It's a tad bit hard to explain as of now, I'll do my best to explain it in the morning.." Her father called out as Candice stood on the first step.

Candice was still confused but she shook it off, it probably wasn't a big deal.
She went upstairs, changed into a white with blue dots button up and a black skirt along with black pantyhose and black boots.

Candice scowled going downstairs.
She couldn't understand why they were being so quiet and why they just couldn't tell her. She was used to being told everything.

She stuffed pajamas and travel stuff into her backpack, throwing it over her shoulders and going downstairs and stood there, staring at her parents and expecting something.
A, "You look nice today!" ,anything.

No response.

"Bye....I guess." She grumbled, walking out of the house and knocking on Tegan's door.
Tegan's mom answered with a smile. "Candice! Your father called a few hours ago to tell us you were staying the night, come on in."
She smiled. "Thank you!" 

"Candice!" Tegan gushed, hugging her friend.
Candice's smile never left, going upstairs to Tegan's room. "My mom told me you were spending the night!" She squealed, holding her hand and opening the door to her room.

"I haven't spent the night at your place in so long." Candice mentioned. "Well that's because your house AND room is so much better." She complimented her.
"Thanks fren..." Candice blushed.

She flopped onto Tegan's bed, sighing.
"Why the long face, Candy?" Her friend asked.

"My parents aren't telling me what's going on...their being real mysterious." Candice explained, sitting up. "I can't tell if it's a good thing or a bad thing." 

Tegan sat next to Candice.
Candice rested her head on her friend's shoulder. "That's quite odd." Tegan muttered, patting her back. 

"Do you wanna go into the city to get your mind off of this? We can go to that one place in the town that has all the restaraunts if that sounds okay?" Tegan asked her, Candice lifting her head up.
"Sure!" She grinned, sitting up.

Johnny rose up, looking at the campfire which was now no longer lit.
Kyle was the only one there in the alleyway, nibbling on a piece of bread. They both softly smiled at each other. "Mornin' Kyle."
"Goooood Morning, Johnny!" Kyle put his hand into the bag of bread, offering Johnny a piece of bread.