𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞

a/n long time no see 🤠😎
hopefully this is long enough for
you
😔🤚🏼

isla's pov

as soon was we entered the schools gym, the genders were separated, it was very...very odd. there was confused students, confused teachers who were forced to meet at the school so early in the morning, confused new students, police officers and their dogs, our principals, and our head of the school department.

i sadly had to part ways with namjoon and make my way to the opposite side of the gym in hopes of not being alone.

i actually got lucky because i saw my bestfriend somi, chaehee, and hobi's girlfriend hana all sitting together. somi quickly stood up and waved me over with a smile on her face.

suddenly i'm not that nervous anymore

"hey" she greets with a hug, i smile and sit down with the two other girls. they bow and i bow back, making sure to be respectful since they're older. for the most part we were all 19, some just being more older by the gap of months between us 3, chaehee being the oldest. we didn't really know one another well because we wouldn't really talk much unless we crossed paths. i only knew of hana because of her relationship with hobi and being another close friend of somi, but i still didn't talk to her, no reason in particular, i just never had the chance to.

"what's got you thinking?" chaehee questions and nudges me a little. a chuckle escapes my lips and before i was going to answer our school leaders took the stand with two police officers falling behind them. everyone falls silent as they curiously want to know why we were even called in, or why the atmosphere was the way it was.

our head of the department, mrs.po takes the stand, microphone waiting for her on the podium. i believe everyone's eyes were on her, but that wasn't true as i felt a vibration in my pocket. however, i won't answer it because i don't think i could, especially while desperately waiting for an answer as to what this whole thing was.

"you all are gathered here sunday morning as something had terribly had happened to a fellow classmate." she spoke into the microphone, making sure to look at both sides of the gym. mummers started to echo in the gym as the students talked amongst one another, trying to put puzzle pieces together.

"some of you may have known of su myung, she was a very bright student and a leader at this school. we've gathered here today to remember the loss of a fellow classmate, student, and friend." she speaks, however not as clearly as she was earlier.

there were gasps when she said the word loss, i couldn't even blame them for being shocked because i myself was shocked as my breath hitched. there were some girls in our side who started to cry, and when i looked up to glance at the other side i saw some boys with their heads being held by their hands, some even shaking in disbelief.

i felt sorry for them, i didn't know much about myung as much as those hurt right now did. maybe i crossed paths with her, shared some sort of class with her, but i couldn't remember it as there are a lot of students who attend the school.

the students chatted around, some asking questions, some on their phones, some comforting others, and quiet ones.

i was one of the quiet ones.

"settle down students," she spoke with strictness, most students calmed down, some of those just couldn't bear to hear more news. "we have officers yun kyong and cho yebin, please treat them with respect." she finishes and backs down from the podium, everyone's attention on the male and female officers.

"hello students. we are extremely sorry for your lost today," officer kyong starts off, "we have decided to have a full investigation on this matter as your friend, peer, student, classmate su myung was attacked around 3:10am last night."

it's like the whole world stopped when he said that, yeah i didn't know the girl but it's not like her death wouldn't cause a pain amongst others. especially since she was murdered.

he backs from the podium, officer yebin replaces where he once stood, a report in her hand, which she places on the podium to adjust the microphone.

"su myung was pronounced dead at 3:33am on early sunday morning, she was predicted to be heading to meet up with a couple of friends to hangout. that was when someone had knocked her unconscious and moved her body to the nearest alleyway to then fracture the victims body," she pauses for a moment.

the poor officer looked so uncomfortable. she's literally talking to young adults who wouldn't want to hear the gruesome details, which is why i think she censored herself.

she took a breath before continuing, "she suffered from internal bleeding once her attacker had hit her head, 11 stab wounds, and a fractured ankle which we believe was injured before her murder."

there the words were, if you listened quietly you can probably hear the pounding of everyone's heart in the gym. the words sat on everyone's shoulders, without a doubt.

"we opened this case as a murder investigation. the department had called this shot as we believe one of the suspects could be a student, however we are still investigating so that could change any moment. we encourage you students to stay safe throughout the investigation, continue your normal lives with caution, there is nothing to fear because our team will get it under control in no time." she finishes, she thanks us for listening but i stopped listening after she said that it could be any of us.

it everyones heart wasn't pounding earlier, it should be by now.

our principal mr.kim takes the stand after thanking the officers and mrs.po, leaving students at the edge of their seats as there was actually more to the news.

he adjusted his tie, cleared his throat, and adjusted the microphone before he opened his mouth to speak. "students, i encourage you like officer yebin and officer kyong previously said, continue living your normal life with caution. we thank you all for coming here today, a ceremony will be held for su myung tomorrow night, her family will be joining us, please be respectful to the family because they are dealing with a big loss in their hearts."

"i-i literally don't know what to say," the girl next to me stutters, somi continued to freak out internally (and externally) while the two other girls were being total opposite of one another. chaehee was lowkey freaking out, like i am..., and hana was just sitting there on her phone texting away frantically.

and the mic was being tapped to get the students attention again.

"thank you for your time, we are sorry for your loss, you are now dismissed." mr kim announced to the crowd of students, most seemed to move, but us four, we just sat there.

and across from us were the seven boys, the exact same position we were in.

and just like that, this whole thing was over.

and then i felt another buzz.

𝚑 𝚎 𝚢 !
𝚒 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝚒 𝚊𝚙𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚒𝚣𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚛. 𝚒 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚓𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚢 𝚠𝚎'𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚋𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚠 ;)
-𝚜 😎