Chapter 1

I watch the castle being engulfed by the dancing flames while the battle shouts were getting more and more faint. Slowly, the whole view faded away and what replaced it was the sight of lush greenery. Serenity accompanied by the rustling of leaves replaced the clamoring of metal and the deafening roars of battle.

It was peaceful. A cool breeze rushed past, and the sound of several breaths along with hoofbeats could be heard through the dark forest. I felt exhausted. I went and closed my eyes for a little, but before I knew it, I was knocked-out by exhaustion.

✥ ✥ ✥

A genius of the century, an heir worthy of the throne; these were the titles that people frequently called me.

"Your highness, it's time to go in."

Two maid servants stood on each side of the double door and pulled it open. Grandeur decorations made mostly by intricate details of carved gold were inlaid across the white walls of the room. The open-air ceiling poured in a golden light, upon which one could dare say that it was the god's blessing that shone down upon that day. The color of the sky was a strong blue.

As I walked forward down the aisle, rows and rows of nobles and those belonging in the upper echelon of society stood in a dignified manner, watching me take every step towards the throne.

I remember the pastor, clad in a white gown used by priests, standing by the side of the throne. After a beat, the pastor began the ceremony.

"My people of Cryverith, we have gathered here today as a witness to another miracle—"

The audience gave a hushed silence and fixated their eyes on the two figures standing next to the throne.

"We are here today to witness the coronation of our new king, sir Acrisias Ferrandt Sigourney and his ascension to sovereignty."

This was it.

"Sir Sigourney," The pastor turned to face me, "by the laws and customs passed down by the previous generations of Cryverith, the leaders of the kingdom all had to comply with the three royal vows. This time, it will be your turn. Are you ready?"

I nodded.

"Then, I shall start. Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the people of this Kingdom in accordance to God's will?" The priest proclaimed.

"I shall."

"Will you to your power cause law and justice in mercy to be executed in all your judgments?"

"I shall."

"Do you grant to hold and keep the laws and righteous customs which the community of your realm shall have chosen, and will you defend and strengthen them to the honor of God to the utmost of your power?"

"I shall."

"Then, citizens of Cryverith—" The pastor took the crown from a nearby servant and placed it on my head as I knelt.

"I now present to you, his majesty King Acrisias. Long live the King."

"Long live the King!" Waves of cheers and applause burst from the audience.

I stood back up and the velvet coat made tailor for a monarch felt as if it had become lighter. The complicated layers of clothes that I wore for the coronation did not feel as hot and suffocating as it did in the beginning. The crown that stood atop my head felt as if it had no weight at all, despite the majestic and domineering appearance it gave. I stood in front of the throne and bathed in the golden light as cheers resounded all around me.