Jake Mumford

A/N: There's mention of mild sexual harassment in this chapter. Mostly verbal and nothing very heavy. But our Fiona fights back, of course

"Hmm..." I reply. "What? You don't like that line?" Jake asks me causing me to drag my eyes away from where Tony is dancing with a pretty blonde. I think it's Fleur, she does have blue eyes. "No, it's nice. It's just that I'm not the kind of person who likes flattery." I reply.

I hate Jake Mumford. I can't believe Pearce and Britney thought I'll like him. He's self-centered, over smart, and over confident, not to mention extremely full of himself. The first thing he did when he met me today was to place his hand on my arm and then pull it back suddenly; when I'd stared at him, thinking about what went wrong, he'd said 'Fuck! You're so hot!'. So, I think you can imagine what sort of a first impression he had made. He hasn't stopped using cheesy lines on me since then and more than once he's said things, I'm sure, to emphasize exactly how good he's in bed. I particularly don't like to have this kind of a conversation with someone whom I've met for the very first time. This is not a hook up. I'm supposed to get to know him.

"Feisty, I like girls like you." he says. I have a sudden urge to slap him really hard. I let out a patient breath. "I'm sure you do. Not that it interests me in any way." I inform him. I don't like the way he invades my personal space every time I try to create some of the said space between us.

Jake smirks, "We'll see about that.". 'Indeed', I think. Something tells me that this night is going to end up with Jake having a broken nose, I wonder why? God, he is annoying.

From across the dance floor, Britney catches my eye and beckons me towards her. Then she calls Jake. I don't really understand how Britney got chummy with Jake. They are polar opposites, not the kinds that would be friends.

Stranger things have happened.

I don't want to dance with this arsehole. I want to stand here and watch Tony and blondie dance till I can confirm if she's Fleur.

"Come on, baby, let's dance." Jake takes my hand and pulls me forward. "Fiona." I correct him as we reach the floor. Britney smiles at me and I smile back. Jake smirks again. I'm going to kick him in the balls, that's going to erase that disgusting smirk off his offending face.

Jake takes both of my hands in his and we move apart for a bit (feels good to be away), before he tugs at me and pulls me very close. I startle for a minute and Jake takes that opportunity to slide his hand around my waist. I put some distance between us as I place a hand on his shoulder. "Come closer, I won't bite." he chuckles, I'm pulled close once again.

He doesn't try anything more, so it's good, I guess. When the music turns up beat we're joined by Pearce and Britney and my bros. Tony and blondie join us too. When Pearce introduces blondie as Valerie, I feel remarkably better, for some reasons that I don't particularly want to explore and I begin to really enjoy the night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of the guests have moved to the edge of the dance floor, including Tony. I desperately want to be there with him too, as in off the dance floor. I definitely do not want to be here slow dancing with Jake. It's okay for the other couples who are here with us, they're couples, Jake and I are not. I don't want to be. But you cannot refuse the groom's request. 'Just let go for bit, yeah? You've been very uptight the entire evening.' he'd said. I look at them. Britney has her face buried in Pearce's neck as he holds her close; they sway slowly on their feet and every now and then Pearce drops a kiss on her hair.

The sight definitely doesn't make me feel warm and my eyes definitely don't seek Tony's to see that he's already looking at me. Tony is frowning slightly, as if he's unsure about something and if anything goes by the way he's clutching at the delicate champagne flute, I would say he's sad about something.

I feel uncomfortable all of a sudden. Tony's jaw clenches and he tears his gaze away from me.

It feels like I'm snapped out of a trance and the very next second I realize why exactly I'm feeling uncomfortable. Jake's hand on my waist is splayed dangerously close to my behind and I'm pressed up against him, much closer than I'd like to be, his breath tickles the sensitive spot behind my ear and, oh yes, that's definitely his thing poking my stomach. I will have to punch him after all.

But then just as I'm going to tear myself away from him, my eyes fall on the newlywed couple. This is such an important day for them, how can I ruin it? I have no right. Best to get things done as subtly as possible.

I slowly push Jake away with a hand on his arm, "Excuse me, I need some fresh air." I glare at him in warning before making my way to an empty corner at the back of the garden. This part is empty, everyone is in the hall enjoying the dances. I take a deep breath and then shake my head to calm myself down. What a prick, really.

It couldn't have been more than five minutes that I'm standing and staring at the stars when two arms wrap around mine where I've hugged myself around my belly and I'm pulled back into a solid chest. I'm caught off guard; it's Jake, I realize, and he has started to mouth against my neck.

Immediately, I dig my heel into his shoes making him curse and move away. I whirl around to face him. I'm struggling not to beat him into a pulp. "WHAT do you think you're DOING?" I ask, rage flowing through my veins like blood. "Don't be shy Fiona. I know what you're like. Don't tell me you haven't had one night stands before. Britney told me about you. I can show you a good time. Let's take this to my place, yeah?" he says advancing towards me once again. I take a step back, "I don't have any desire of being anywhere near you or your place and yes, I do one-offs but that does not give you the right to assume that I would like to do something like that with you." I keep my voice firm and full of warning. Jake however refuses to take the hint. "I just think you're playing hard to get. What's there not to like about me?" Jake says casually, but the look he gives me makes me want to take his eyes out. "I'm not playing hard to get and as for your question, I'm sorry, but I've seen loads better." I bite out. "You're my date, I don't think it'll be wrong if you spend the night with me." Jake tells me. "You're right I'm your date, not a paid escort, and even if I was, my consent, here, matters. Therefore, I think you should just leave me the fuck alone."

Jake let's out a frustrated sigh at my words. "I liked you when I saw you. That's the reason I agreed to this date, alright? You're hot, I want to fuck you, and I'm used to getting what I want. So, you can come with me now, or I can persuade you in other ways." Jake's voice holds a heavy load of threatening. Oh my, poor Jake's nose and poor Jake's balls. The well-aimed punch and the spot-on kick linger just at the edge of my hand and knee. "Really? Persuade? You can try." I think he doesn't know exactly how violent I can get. Jake huffs and smirks and the very next moment he launches himself at me. I throw the much-awaited punch and Jake's nose makes a very satisfying crunching noise. Jake recoils in pain, a loud groan emerging from his throat; I take a second to grab him by his collar and then knee him in the bits. Jake crumples to the ground.

A/N: Votes are always welcome. Don't forget to mention how you feel about the story in comments. Bye