One.

I could tell my college life was going to be a real rollercoaster ride. Not a dull moment, nope.

After all, it'd be hard to feel bored when you've taken up stalking as a hobby.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I wasn't one of those girls you'd see hiding in trees or sitting on the lawns or sneaking into houses to steal the boxers of the guys they're 'in love' with. Of course not!

I guess I hadn't been sensible enough, though, because my target was currently staring at me across the room. And – well, would you look at him! Was he laughing at me?

Though, he did look really handsome when he was being this happy. He was one of those guys who only looked slightly better-than-average, but when he smiled – damn! It is just so heart melting!

For me, anyway.

And he had these hazelnut brown eyes I'd ever seen. That, together with the way his entire face lit up when he laughed, was almost enough to pull me across the room, place myself next to him, and introduce myself.

Just almost.

I wasn't that crazy yet.

I looked at him again. He'd stopped laughing and was instead focused on something his friend was telling him. I was probably staring a little too hard, because when his eyes suddenly flickered to the side, they caught mine. I froze under his brown gaze and he grinned.

This boy was enjoying my admiration a little too much. Egoistical, much?

Still, I supposed he looked good enough to have such a healthy ego. His eyes were so... brown. I hoped that was his real eye color, because if it wasn't, I was going to be so pissed.

Considering how I had already decided to nickname him Brown Eyes.

Speaking of whom had turned back to his friend while I was pondering mysteries of his brown eyes. He was so not interested. If he had been, he would've come over to introduce himself already. Not that I'd expected him to. I was just having fun admiring his beautiful eyes. That was all.

"Damn," I said, mostly to myself, because let's face it – the only reason I was sitting on the couch checking out cute black-haired, brown-eyed guys was because I was at a party alone. Who went to a college party alone? Actually, don't answer that. The main question was not why I'd gone alone, but why I was still alone.

Maybe it was the stalker gaze I was fixing on Brown Eyes. I was scaring people off.

A couple of soju drinks later – okay, I lied, I only had one shot – I was living it up as the center of attention of the party. Alright, so that wasn't really true. Still, I had met some nice new people and done dancing on the dance floor.

Maybe it was fate, maybe it was pure coincidence, but after the room had stopped spinning, I stepped out to "get some fresh air" – yeah, right, like there was any fresh air in a city like this – just in time to catch Brown Eyes heading off with his friend.

It was definitely the soju and the four cans of beer acting up, because I wouldn't have done something like that if I'd been dead sober.

I followed him home.

That sounded wrong. No, I didn't so much as "follow" him as stalk. And it wasn't so much "home" as the dorms. But on the whole journey back, I was ten paces behind him and his friend.

Whenever one of them glanced back, I would hide myself behind the nearest lamp-post or telephone pole. In my alcoholic state, I figured I was doing a pretty good job of hiding myself from them. The truth was, they probably knew exactly what I was doing the entire time. Even so, they made no move to stop me.

I probably puffed up Brown Eyes' ego rather nicely that night.

They let me follow them for as far as the main entrance of Halls of Residence Fourteen. In my opinion, it was a good thing that I chose to follow them rather than anybody else, because I ended up outside the dorms right beside my own block. Not that I'd realized that then. I was too busy trying to keep upright and in the shadows while watching the two of them enter their block.

There was the sound of the metal gate opening and I was mentally congratulating myself on a stalk well done when something happened to send my satisfaction down the drain. Brown Eyes paused in the act of walking just to turn back and shout, "Good night!" Then with a flash of the smile I was coming to associate with him, he was gone. The gate shut close but I could still hear the sound of their laughter.

Sobering up all of a sudden, I crouched down to the ground. Well. Gosh. That had been embarrassing. I was never going to drink again, not if it me to do stupid things like following the first cute boy back to the dorms. Hopefully, I was probably never going to see him again. The campus was huge, after all. What were the odds?