Two.

As it turned out, the odds were very much against me indeed.

For some reason, Brown Eyes started coming everywhere I went. I saw him on my way to class. I saw him on my way back from class. I saw him at the grocery store; on the bus; in the cafeteria... Everywhere.

And every time my eyes met his – by accident, I swear, by accident – he would smile at me, as if he thought I was stalking him and was amused by it.

When I told my roommate, Jisoo – who conveniently also happened to be my best friend – about him and my stalking experience that first night, her reaction wasn't what I'd been expecting.

"What kind of a stalker are you," she demanded, "to not even have a picture of him!"

This just went to show you never really knew a person, even after five years of friendship.

I stared at her. I'd been expecting an eye-roll at the very least, and an outright lecture on how stalking was for desperate girls who couldn't get a date – which I definitely wasn't so stop stalking random guys already! – at the very most. Not... this.

"What?" She shrugged, "You've got me curious!"

"I met him first!" I felt the need to clarify.

And here came the familiar eye-roll. Finally. I was just starting to worry my best friend's brain had been eaten by an alien. "Now you're just being childish," she sighed.

"I'm serious!" I insisted, resisting the temptation to stomp my foot. "I met him first, alright?"

She looked amused and irritated. "I'm not interested in him, Jennie! Just curious as to what kind of guy it takes to have someone like you in such a twist."

"Oh. Good." I was happily satisfied that my best friend wasn't interested – that way – in Brown Eyes until I picked up on what she'd said. I scowled. "What do you mean, someone like me?"

She smirked. "Nothing. It's just that you have such high standards, I was beginning to think you were a lesbian!"

I threw a pillow at her. Trust my feminist best friend to make my interest in someone of the male species sound like an insult!