Eight.

The Thursday night, two weeks later, I was moping around the room watching chick flicks on my tiny laptop screen and bingeing on my favorite comfort food – mashed potatoes. What? We couldn't all subscribe to clichés! Plus, I don't really like chocolate anyway. And I look like a couch potato.

I would've been content to continue on this way for the rest of the year, but Jisoo was getting frustrated with me. "Oh my God," she said when, slamming into the room at midnight, she caught sight of me sitting on the bed with the huge tub beside me. "It's been two weeks! You're ruining your life!"

Moping around the room could hardly be constituted as 'ruining my life'. I still made sure I went for tutorials and finished my assignments on time, after all. I told her as much.

She didn't agree, judging by the way she ignored me and barreled on. "He's just a guy. Get over him, already!" Someday, I would tell Jisoo that her consoling skills sucked. Someday.

"But I don't want to get over him!" I wailed dismally, startling both her and myself with the sudden outburst. "I want to get with him."

Alright, so I'd finally admitted it.

She gave a long suffering sigh. "Then why on earth did you feed him all that drivel about a new guy? For goodness' sake, that made you sound ten kinds of fickle."

"He already has the perfect girlfriend," I muttered.

Jisoo snorted. "Nobody is perfect."

"Well, she is."

She hit me upside the head with a pillow. "Again, nobody is perfect! And if he would choose another girl over my awesome best friend, he is an idiot. You're better off without him. You don't want your children to be mentally-challenged, do you?"

I couldn't help cracking a smile. A very small smile, but one nonetheless.

"You're right... Who needs him, anyway?"

But my heart still wasn't convinced.