05| In...or...Out

Yasmine's POV

Mazen was wrong; my aunt didn't forget or ignore. She was angry. She was pissed at us for running away and embarrassing her in front of her guests that the next day she invited them in again.

I let out a sigh of relief. His mother was the friendliest woman I had ever met, and from the looks of it, she seemed eagerly excited for me to get married to her son.

The one who was exited... The thing that I couldn't stop wondering about was how could this nice woman have such an ill-mannered son, and where was Jad?

"Okay, Omar, I think its time for you to meet my niece," said my aunt as I could see Omar standing up, as if it was the first time he saw me. 

My aunt's house was tiny. There was no room for privacy, Alhamdulillah. I didn't want to be alone with him. Khalti couldn't leave it at that and decided to let us talk in the backyard as she added two chairs and let us sit outside while they were inside watching.

I signed as unwillingness to go against my aunt's wishes, I went outside in the private garden and sat in the empty chair beside Omar as I moved it further from him, praying under my breath. I very rarely prayed against anyone, but this was one of those special occasions.

"What a retard," Omar was muttering to himself. "Marrying me to that kiss-ass, suck up, stupid, little..."

"Look," I hissed, "I don't like this any more than you do, okay? So just shut up and deal with it." I smiled, seeing as both his mother and my aunt were looking from the window.

He looked shocked that I had spoken to him for a second, but then he whispered, "Has my pathetic brother rubbed off on you then?"

"Perhaps," I sniffed, "or maybe I've just wanted to say that to you since forever."

He ground his teeth together. "As soon as the stupid conversation is over, we're demanding them to end this, and we will both agree not to want each other."

"That would be my pleasure, Faris," I spat.

"That's good then, Rughead  because I am not going to marry you. Never ever. I'd rather have parts of myself eaten by wild creatures then spend eternity with you. And if you expect me to actually bother doing this so you won't end up with an abusive guardian, then you are so wrong."

"Oh, don't worry. I don't expect intelligence from someone like you," I said.

He glared at me. "And what's that supposed to mean?"

I smiled sweetly. "Oh. Nothing."

He growled and went back to complaining under his breath as I could see my aunt instructing me to sit down and continue talking to Omar, but I didn't, and instead, I looked at Mrs.Faris sombre appearance. She was smiling, but at the same time, there was a hint of sadness in her.