chapter 6

Over the next several weeks, Jennie's tenderness had no end, and it never ceased to surprise the CEO, who was unfamiliar with a gentle touch.

"Hey... Jisoo. Honey," Jennie whispered one morning, kissing her partner's forehead to wake her.

Jisoo whined in her sleep, mumbled something under her breath, and grabbed a nearby pillow, covering her face with it.

"Ah, ah," Jennie chastised her, gently tugging the pillow away, much to Jisoo's chagrin. "Uppy time, my queen."

Groaning, Jisoo grumbled, "Don't."

"Don't what, baby?" Jennie asked softly, stroking the brunette's hair out of her face.

"Don't call me a queen."

"But you are, darling," the reporter whispered, pressing her lips to Jisoo's forehead again. "You are my queen."

With a heavy sigh of protest, the CEO finally opened her eyes.

"Alright, alright," she huffed, propping herself up on her elbows. "I'm up."

"Do you wanna do something today? It's Saturday, and you don't have to work."

"Jennie!" Jisoo snapped. "Did you wake me up for that?"

Blushing, Jennie mumbled, "Well... Yeah. I mean... I got excited."

"Excited?" the brunette asked curiously.

"Yeah... I... I woke up, and you were here. So... excited."

Raising an eyebrow, Jisoo commented, "You are a literal puppy, you know that?"

With a warm smile, Jennie nuzzled Jisoo's neck and kissed her there.

"Jennie... Don't do that, honey," the youngest CEO protested, hiccupping a breath when Jennie's lips touched her skin.

"Why not?" the reporter whispered in her partner's ear. "Don't you like it?"

Jisoo nodded, letting out a soft whimper when Jennie bit down lightly.

"That's the point."

"But if you—"

"We should get up, baby."

"But—"

"You're turning me on."

"What if that's what I want?"

"Come on, sweetie. It's getting late, and we've gotta eat."

"It's not late. And... Well... I am hungry... but the kitchen is sooo far..."

"Come on, goober. Let's go."

With a sigh of disappointment, Jennie wiggled away and slipped out from under the covers.

"I'll go shower, and then I'll make you breakfast, okay?"

"You don't have to—"

"I want to."

"But—"

"It's really okay. Please, let me."

Biting her lip, Jisoo nodded her consent.

But it didn't take long for Jisoo to grow anxious as she sat quietly on her bed and thought about the naked reporter in her shower.

Feeling a little self-conscious, but also completely unable to stop herself, Jisoo approached the bathroom door and knocked softly.

"You okay?" Jennie called out.

Jisoo's heart raced.

"Yeah. Can... Can I come in?" Jisoo asked, over the soft roar of the water.