Meeting at the Palace

Izuku Midoriya stood at the gates just outside of Marakadeej. The journey had been pleasantly uneventful from the Monastary to here. Though, Izuku mused, the journeys normally were. Bandits didn't frequent roads such as this one. They tended to stick closer to the Forest of thr'Legevhen, though their activity had died down some in recent years.

Taking a deep breath, Izuku finally walked through the gates, determined to reach the keep and report to the Prince with his summons. He stared at amazement as he looked around the city. He had heard tales of the Capital City, mostly from Captain Iida, but nothing prepared him for it. He was truly in awe. So much so that he didn't notice the person in front of him until he bumped in them.

"Hey! What's the idea?!" the feminine, yet strong, voice said, and Izuku turned to see a young woman around his age on the ground...where he had knocked her down. His eyes widened.

"I'm so sorry!" he exclaimed. "I wasn't watching where I was going. Please, let me help you. Are you okay?" He extended his hand out to her, getting an initial look as she took his hand and got up.

"I'm fine," she said, shrugging it off. "Honestly not too surprised. You're not the first person to bump into me. But you are the first to apologize, so I guess I can let it slide." She giggled, and Izuku got the chance to get a look at her. The first thing to note: Tiefling.

But she wasn't like most Tieflings he had seen every now and again. For one, her skin was pink, not red. Her horns also weren't overly prominent. Instead, they were smaller, yellowish protrusions that slightly curled at the top. And, Izuku admitted only to himself, she was rather cute. His face grew a little red at the thought, but he quickly recovered. His training had helped him to keep his bearings.

"Still," he replied. "Is there any way I could make it up to you?" Mina regarded the young man in front of her. They were about the same age. At first glance, he looked kind of plain, but that thought was quickly dashed away as she looked at him. His hair was a forest green, and just as fluffy and curly as hers was. His freckles had a very symmetrical diamond pattern to them. And as she looked into his eyes, there was just something there that made her feel safe.

Easy there, Mina, she thought to herself, as she considered his offer. She put her hand to her chin, pretending to look deep in thought at what he could do.

"Well," she finally said. "I've been having problems getting passed some of the King's Guardsmen. I know there's still some prejudice with Tieflings, but that's not what bothers me. I have this summons from the Prince. It may be asking for a lot, but maybe you could vouch for me? You look to be a Monk, and I know that's a rather respected position, so..." she stopped herself as she shook her head.

"No, I can't ask that of you," she finally said. "I'm sorry. I'll figure something else out. And don't worry about making it up to me. You did nothing wrong. I'll just go now..." she had started to turn around when she felt something warm grab her hand.

"Wait," Izuku said, surprised by his own actions. Mina turned back towards him, looking down at her hand to see his gently gripping it. She looked up at him to see him blushing slightly, which caused her to feel a small heat around her own cheeks. Both of them quickly recovered before Izuku spoke again.

"As it so happens," he was saying, pulling something from his satchel, "I also have a summons from the Prince. May I see yours?" She complied, and he studied the two summons. Mina took the opportunity to look as well, and noted that they were identical.

"So, we can probably go to the palace together," he continued. He rubbed the back of his head. "And, as much as I don't want to resort to it, I could always request Captain Iida to vouch for us. He knows me well enough, and should know of the summons."