The Mission

Prince Shoto was a young man, the same age as the gathered group. However, being a Prince didn't usually afford him the luxury of socializing as such. That didn't mean he never did, but his interactions were limited. His father tried his best to ensure that Shoto lived as normal a life as possible, but duty was always foremost.

Shoto didn't blame his father. After all, he was King Enji, the Endeavor King, and ran the country from his palace in Yueei City. Shoto's siblings each had their own, smaller cities to rule over in important locations throughout the country. Though he was the youngest sibling, Shoto ruled over the second largest city, the Capital City Marakadeej. This was due to his magical prowess in pyro- and cryomancy. Luckily, his other siblings were not jealous of him, and gave him the best support.

Shoto was able to make fast friends with Captain Iida and Lady Yaoyorozu (her being a Lady not yet revealed to the other members of the party). Though King Enji had wished for Shoto to become betrothed to Lady Yaoyorozu, he refused to force his children into marriage as his father had done with himself and Shoto's mother, Rei. However, Shoto and Rei had found love with one another, and were happy together. Shoto did not pursue her either, as he saw the connection she had with Captain Iida (though neither had admitted it to the other).

Shaking his heads of thoughts of his personal life, he had a duty to uphold, and now stood before those he had summoned. He had heard of their attributes, and felt they would work best together for this particular mission. As he was introduced to the group, Iida bowed to him.

"I shall now take my leave, my Prince," he informed Shoto. As he turned, however, Shoto gently grabbed his arm. Iida looked to him, confused.

"I wish for you to stay, my friend," Shoto responded to the silent inquiry. "As I wish for you to join them. And before you start with your place being here, I believe you would be well off joining in this task." Iida nodded before taking a place beside Momo. After a moment, Shoto spoke.

"I have summoned you all here to assist me with issues that have arisen nearby," he began. "I have heard of, or, in the case of Captain Iida and Momo, seen, your specialties and capabilities. As such, I feel as though you will be able to handle this swiftly. Normally, I could send my guards to handle affairs such as these, but other issues have also arisen that require attention elsewhere. Before I proceed, are there any objections to aiding me and, by extension, the kingdom?"

The party looked among each other, and none seemed to have issue in aiding. After a moment, however, Tokoyami did speak.

"All due respect to the Prince and crown," he stated. "Some of us are on missions of our own. How much would this interfere with those?" Shoto nodded his head.

"A viable question," he stated. "As it so happens, I know of your personal quest, which I will not divulge to the group, as it is not my place. I can say that I believe what I am asking may actually assist you, though you are also free to leave of your own volition." Tokoyami nodded.

"Any answers or aid in my personal quest will be helpful, so I accept." He then went silent to wait for any other comments. After none came, Shoto continued.

"To the West of Marakadeej lie the forest of thr'Legevhen," he said. "Beyond that is the Takoba Peaks. There have been strange occurrences there that have given me pause, and I grow worried for my people. What I would like is for the group to investigate. If it's something you can stop, by all means. If it is not, but it is a threat, inform me, and I will lead a force to handle it. Whichever you accomplish will be greatly rewarded. Are there any questions?" This time, Izuku stepped forward.

"There have been rumors of an ancient force returning to the world," he said. "Do you believe these occurrences could be connected to those rumors?" Shoto regarded the Monk.

"It is a good possibility, but there is still little we know of what's going on," he replied. "However, Captain Iida has a more detailed list of occurrences, that he can brief everyone on as you make your journey towards the Peaks." This answer seemed to satisfy Izuku, as he made a step back. Shoto continued once more.

"I have lodging for you here at the palace," he said. "Please, enjoy the food that I offer and rest up here. You can begin your journey tomorrow. With that, I shall take my leave." After Shoto had left, Jiro spoke.

"Not a very sociable guy, is he?" she said, off-handedly. Iida quickly went to the Prince's defense.

"Prince Shoto has much on his plate," he said. "He constantly keeps himself busy with the affairs of the kingdom." Jiro rose her hands.

"I'm not trying to bash the guy, just making a statement," Iida curtly nodded. Soon, conversation broke out in the different groups. Momo and Iida began speaking, Jiro had made her way over to Tokoyami, apparently to continue a previous conversation, and Mina moved over to Izuku.

"Hey," she said. "I wanted to thank you again for going to bat for me. It really means a lot. Is there anything I can do to repay you?" Izuku scratched the back of his head.

"It was nothing, really," he said. "Besides, I kind of owed you for knocking you on the ground, right?" She giggled at his statement, the sound to Izuku's ears was, in a word, heavenly.

Slow down, Izuku, he said to himself.

"Well, maybe you're right," she said. "Still...thank you." Izuku nodded as Mina continued conversation, veering more into a subject he had brought up. "So, you mentioned a rumor about an ancient evil. What's that all about?"

"In the Histories kept by the Monks and Clerics of my town, there speaks of a great evil, apparently as old as the advent of Magic," Izuku spoke. "He was believed to be so in tune with the Dark Magicks that he was able to sweep across the land, claiming all in his stead. The Histories go that one day, a band of united individuals, with various skills, toppled him and sealed him away, never to terrorize the land again.

"The Monks and Clerics in my town have been keeping an ear out for the various signals that may announce his return. Most turn out to be some cult to a false god, or just a minor rebellion that wishes to usurp a just leader with a puppet that they can use for their own personally gain. These are all usually handled swiftly. Recent signs, however, have us all worried. I guess it's why the Monks were so eager that I accept the Prince's summons."

By this time, everyone had gathered around for Izuku's tale, and were enraptured by his words. Mina was the one to reply.

"Whatever we encounter, we'll handle," she looked to the rest of the group. "Together." They all nodded, before Iida stepped forward.

"I will give you more information after a while," he said. "For now, please. Let us enjoy the night." The group agreed and headed to the food that had been prepared for them, the mission, however, still heavy on their minds.