Chapter 6

Once again, sorry for this being a short chapter. I've been a bit busy these past two days. But this weekend, i will start writing more chapters so i can upload quickly if needed.

Stay safe and dont get CORONA!!

~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*

 "Annalise you've got to take these pills. If you don't you wont eat." James has been trying to get me to take a pill for over an hour. I shook my head not wanting to take them like the child I feel like I am, then he stopped.

I opened my eyes to not see James where he was sitting before. I looked around then found him at the fridge getting what looked like fruit out of it. I watched him closely to see him bring the food to a blender. I got up and went to what was called a living room. I sat on the couch and laid down watching him from a distance.

James if very different from the rouges that I remember. He was very tall, almost 6 foot 7. His shoulders were very broad. He had a nice chiseled chin with a 5 o'clock shadow beard. James had dark brown hair with a fade on the sides. He was perfect.

Being brought out of my thoughts, a loud sound was brought from a glass container. I sat up quickly looking at the male then the sound stopped and he looked back at me. "Come here Annalise. Maybe this will help." He said.

I stood up leaning against my crutch and walked over to him to see what he wanted me for. As I approached him, James turned around with a plastic cup with a black lid on top. "Drink this. It's called a smoothie." I looked at it strangely and took it from his hands nodding towards him as a 'thank you'. I took a sip from the straw that he had placed in the opening of the lid. My eyes went wide as I pulled the straw away from my mouth and looked at James. 

He had a worried look on his face. "Is it okay?"

I ignored what he had just said and chugged down the entire smoothie in at least 3 minutes.

 It tasted really good. I liked it a lot. 

Along with my surprise, just that cup filled me up. I heard a chuckle come from where James was standing and turns out it was him. I looked at him confused. "You chugged that quick. You full or still hungry." I shook my head and took his hand writing 'full' on it with my finger.

We sat in the living room for a bit with the TV on until people started walking in talking very loudly causing me to jump and hide behind the couch, trying to not hurt myself. "Man, I can't believe she won that bet." I head a female say.

"Yeah, I wonder what Jackson is gonna do now that he lost." A male said along with other people agreeing.

I felt the couch sink while I was behind it then heard James speak. "What are you all talking about?" He sounded kinda confused.

"Oh. You haven't heard. One of the omega's made a bet with one of the warriors, Jackson, and he lost." A female said, sounding quite happy with what happened. I slowly started popping my head up from behind the couch to hear better.

"What was the bet?"

"If the omega won, she would get his place in warrior."

I felt a sudden anger come from where James was sitting. I didn't like it. I hid back down then crawled to the back door, luckily nobody heard me. Even James to my surprise didn't know I left. Standing up on my one good leg, I got away from the Alpha Manor. I walked for a while not realizing where I was going till a low and deep growl was coming from some bushes. There was more than one.

Wait. What the hell?!

How did they get into the border without someone noticing. I turned around quickly and tried to run away. I 'ran' for a minute till my cast got caught on a branch causing me to trip and fall scraping my knee good. I turned to see where the wolf was hoping he was gone.

Of course, he was down at my feet growling vigorously. I wanted to scream but was scared to let my voice be heard.

It's the only choice I've got. I looked around to see if someone was seeing this but there wasn't a soul in sight. I closed my eyes and yelled as loud as my voice could hoping for somebody to save me.

 Not even 5 seconds went by till I could smell that sweet sent. I heard wolves howling, men yelling, just people in general. It made me happy to see that wolves and people can still care about someone even if they just met them. I was blessed. I could see James in the front of the group of wolves and men. 

Once his eyes landed on mine, it was as if the world had stopped for a minute. But, his eyes showed anger at the wolf.

They all made it to where I was at and fought of the rouges wolves that had just come into James' territory. He crouched down to where I was and spoke softly and calm. "Annalise? Are you okay? Did you yell for help?"

I smiled at him softly with a nod of reasuring and grabbed his hands, him thinking I was gonna write something but no. It's time for a change in me for a bit.

"Yes. I'm okay."