Chapter 7

Made this chapter a bit longer. Enjoy. 

Let's just say somebody says hi today

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*

I was taken to the pack hospital for check ups after the ambush of rouges. They did an x ray of my leg and to all of our surprise, the bone was healed except the muscle tissue around it. The doctors decided to take the cast off and my leg was finally free from being suffocated in the cast. It was at least 30 minutes later and I was walking on my own but was told to not run for a bit.

During the time in the hospital, we found out that the wolves bane is almost completely out of my system. I was happy that it was almost out, normally if I was still with the rouges, they would put more of it in my body by now. I don't plan on going back. What I do plan though is trying to leave here. 

I'm still scared here. With everything in my past, I can't trust anyone anymore.

I was walking behind James as he was talking to his beta, Hunter, about putting out more warriors at any empty spots around their pack.

I stopped walking and the boys didn't realize that I wasn't behind them and they just kept walking. This is my chance to run out. 

I turned on my heels to the border and jogged carefully to my freedom. I can leave. I'll be on my own. No one to worry about, I won't have to trust anyone. Only me, myself, and I. A sudden feeling started to grow in my chest. What is that? I stopped moving and placed my hand on my chest and it was my heart.

It was beating at 100 miles per hour it felt like. I kept walking away and it just got worse and worse till I was at the point I was on the ground laying in the grass cause of a pain in my heart.

Wait...

It's that mate connection thing that James told me about.

 I got up painfully and walked back in the direction of the alpha manor and the pain slowly went away. My feet started moving faster, and faster, soon to the point I was running.

 I ran as fast as I could back. It hurt me to leave James. It hurt me to be away like this. The alpha manor comes into view finally, only to be brought to the ground with force. 

I winced at the pain of the ground meeting my head. I looked to see a brown wolf. The wolf was growling viciously. The wolf backed up behind a tree and came back only to reveal a girl. She had long black hair that ended at her mid back, bright green eyes, some freckles and was about my height. One thing that I caught, her perfume. It smelled awful.

 "Who are you? State your name and reasoning of being here."

I wanted to speak, but I couldn't trust this girl. 

I shook my head and tried to get back up only to be kicked back down into my stomach causing me to cry. She smirked at repeated herself again.

 I wasn't very happy.

 I looked at the alpha manor and tried to crawl at least but only to have my hair griped back painfully as I cried out. "Your not going to the manor. You have no reason for it." I felt her sniff my hair and my shoulder only to receive a growl from her throat.

 "Your a rouge. Why would a rouge wander this far and now shift." Soon she started dragging me by my hair. 

It was painful.

The rouges used to drag me by the hair but I was used to it. But now that it's been a week or so, I've been used to not getting my hair yanked till this stranger came along. I cried from her pulling on my hair so much, she turned around and slapped me across the face hard. 

It shut me up though.

 "Shut up mutt. You have no reason to be this loud. I'm taking you to my alpha and he will decide what happens to you." James! He'll do something about her. I stood up fast so I could grab her wrist and started pulling her with me to find James.

After a minute or so, I found James. I whined slightly, and just that caught his attention. I watched his eyes trace from my teary eyes, to the hand that was gripping my hair. "Alpha. This rouge was in territory-"

"Release her now, Bethany!" His voice boomed interrupting the girl. I closed my eyes shaking scared of the noise that came from my mate. The girl, named Bethany, let go of me on command and I fell to the ground holding my head. 

I got up and ran to James and hid behind him. Wait, did i just run to my mate? It was a instinct I had and didn't realize it till now.

Bethany was in shock and yelled. "Really James. Her? She's just a mutt?"

James was angry with that word. I felt his anger rise as well as his eyes darkening. "Never say that about my mate, Bethany. You will treat her with respect. You and I are done. We are no more." What does he mean my that? "If I find out that you do this again, I won't regret ripping you apart."

"Yes, alpha." She said quietly then left.