Hot and cold.

The nurse told me to drink some water and put some ice on my head and ribs. Without even looking up from her book to check up on me! What kind of nurse does that?

Trevor helped me hold the ice on the back of my head, since lifting my arm up would make my ribs hurt. I was also kind of busy with the ice pack on my ribs, so I was grateful for his help.

The way he was holding the ice pack over my head made his shirt ride up, exposing some skin. I stared at him, unable to look away. A weird feeling washed over me; I could feel something burning in my chest, going through my whole body and settling deep in my stomach. What is going on?

Peeling my eyes away from him was hard enough, but looking up to see a smirk on his face was harder. I feel heat rising to my cheeks and I try to cover it as much as I can with my hair. That didn't work though, I can still see him smirk.

"What's up?" I demand, feeling extremely embarrassed and knowing damn well what's up. I was starting at him and he noticed. He caught me looking at him.

"Nothing." He replies and looks down at me, considering he's 6'2 and I'm 5'5.

He smiles at me, trying to ease my embarrassment, and I feel the burning sensation returning. What is it with this boy? What is wrong with me? I've just met him five minutes ago and I'm feeling all sorts of this weird new stuff I've never felt before. I stare at him and blush when he notices? This is not me. I don't blush when someone looks at me and I never feel like this.

I just can't seem to look away though. His piercing hazel eyes are so captivating. They look like they hold a lot of mysteries behind them and it makes me want to uncover each and every one of them. My eyes trail down to his nose, settling on his lips. They're full and pink, and I can't stop imaging if they would feel just as soft as I think they would if I trace the edges with my finger.

The realization of what I'm doing right now, what I'm thinking about, hits me. It hits me so hard it reminds me of the time Hayley slapped me to my senses when I got lost daydreaming about how dreamy Percy Jackson is.

I've been staring at him for too long yet, he has been too. He's been looking at my face like he's studying it, trying to remember every detail. My cheeks flush with the idea of him staring back at me. What the hell is going on? Why am I feeling like this? Whatever it is though, it can't be good.

I look towards the ground and go back to covering my face with my hair. I start biting my lip in frustration. I'm frustrated with myself for being nervous and frustrated with him for being so damn good looking.

After a few minutes of standing there awkwardly, I decide that it's best if we leave. Ice wouldn't do much good anyway so it would be unnecessary if we just stay here.

Trevor insists on walking me to my dorm which I don't completely agree with. I still stand by my whole "I can take care of myself" thing, and I really don't want to spend much time with him anymore, considering all I feel around him is new and weird. Arguing with him would be pointless, though. He'd just tag along anyway.

The minute we arrive at my dorm, he just laughs.

"What are you laughing about?" I frown, confused. There's literally nothing funny about this whole night. I missed a party to go to my first day of basketball practice yet but I end up with a bruise on the back of my head and another one on the left side of my rib cage.

"This is your dorm?" He questions.

"No, I'm just knocking on some stranger's room." I roll my eyes, looking for my keys in my sports bag. Where the hell is it? Couldn't it get lost another time? Wait. Did I not take it with me before I left?

"So, did you find a secret passage to our dorm?" He states.

I'm shocked. Absolutely, shocked. He knows about this, because he heard it. He heard me and Hayley this morning. Can the ground just open up and swallow me whole? Or better yet, can I become invisible? Maybe even aliens can come and abduct me, I don't care. Any one of those options would be extremely useful in getting me out of this conversation.

"You're... you're our dorm neighbor?" I stutter. I have no words. Absolutely no words. I make a mental note to teach Hayley how to lower her voice so that next time, I won't find myself in situations like these.

"Indeed." He states, nodding. "So, um... you think me and my roomie are hot?" He asks, a smug smirk on his annoyingly attractive face. I bet that he's also recalling how, only five minutes ago, I was starting at him.

"Uh... no?" It comes out more like a question due to my rising nerves. I can feel heat rising to my cheeks for the hundredth time today and I hope he doesn't notice which of course, he does.

"Mhm, whatever makes you sleep at night." He says and I feel embarrassed. Again.

Okay yes, I'll admit that he is attractive but calling me out on it is just rude.

"You know, you're just so full of yourself." I say, my temper rising. I gesture around with my hands angrily, not really knowing what to do with them.

"I'm not full of myself." He replies, looking all innocent and offended. Seriously?

"Yeah, right. 'whatever makes you sleep at night.'" I repeat in a low voice, trying to mimic his and failing miserably. He just laughs. Is this a joke to him?

"You're wasting my time." I say, looking for that damn key. I know for a fact I took it with me.

Giving up, I turn around and knock on the door. I'm silently praying that Hayley hasn't left yet. I don't think she has, though. Faint music can be heard from inside.

"Does little princess have something better to do with her precious time?" He asks, clearly making fun of me.

"Yes, in fact I do. It's none of your business though so leave me alone." I say, my voice rising. "And don't ever call me 'little princess' again!" I add and he just looks at me with his eyes narrowed. I stare back at him, anger brewing inside my chest.

"Damn. What's going on here?" I hear Hayley and turn around to look at her. Thank goodness. She's leaning on the door frame, her arms crossed and looking between the both of us as if she's watching a tennis match. I push past her, going inside and sit on my bed.

"What's up, hot stuff." I can hear Hayley ask Trevor. Is she being serious? I just told the guy off for being too full of himself and she flirts with him? Classic.

"Hales! Close the door." I whisper yell. She twists her head to look at me, rolling her eyes. She closes the door but not before winking at him. Really?

"What's wrong with you?" I question.

"He's hot." She says simply. "Never mind. Why are you back so early?" She asks.

"Don't worry about it, let's just get ready. We have a party to go to." I state and she squeals, jumping up and down in delight.