Fucker

***Grey's POV***

Things have been so much calmer since the incident with Carl. Mak is easing off the antidepressants. His anxiety has been almost non-existent. Mak is all around in a better mind set.

We have finally found our comfortable routine. God it feels like forever since we have been in a pattern of happiness, it was long overdue.

We returned to work, thank the heavens. I even began to miss my own office. Kip and Mario still work as our CPOs. I reassigned the other six members of our security team.

That night when Mak found his own form of oblivion, my Dad came over. My baby was so excited. He has some sort of hero worship towards my father. I understand it. However, Mak is the real hero.

Thanks to Mak, six other kids came forward with prosecutable cases. Mak may not get his personal abuse vindicated. However, second hand justice is better than none at all.

Tonite we are meeting the boys for drinks and a night of fun. It's been a rush hour minute since we went out on the town. I'm excited. Mak is a great companion in anything, but the bar scene brings out his playful side. That's one of my favorite personalities of Mak.

As the clock hits that glorious five o'clock hour, I quietly stand to stretch with a groan. It doesn't matter which executive seat you purchase, nine hours of sitting on your ass causes your body to feel ninety years old. I turn off my lap top, grab my keys and grab my phone. I hit the lights as I close my door and lock it.

Turning around, I am immediately engulfed in warmth. Mak wraps his arm around me as he tilts his head to smile charmingly into my eyes. I lean down to kiss his beautiful lips.

What a fucking dream.

I slip my hand around his waist and yell for Mark to hurry the fuck up, we aren't getting any younger. Soon after, I hear my best friend closing his door. He whines dramatically and groans as he comes to stand beside us. He acts like he worked all day or something.

If watching porn at your desk is work, I guess he should be beat.

"What time are we meeting up?" Mark questions with his tired voice.

"Seven, the usual." I inform him. We walk in comfortable silence to our elevator. I push the button for the garage while we huddle inside, waiting for the doors to close.

The elevator stops on floor one so that Kip and Mario can step in. We step closer to one another. The two burly body guards fill the entire front row.

Even knowing that Carl is in jail doesn't stop my CPOs from building a meat wall in front of my beloved.

"How was your day?" I ask Kip.

"Boring, it was more fun when Mak had stalkers." Kip grumbles.

"I will take boring over head hunted any day." Mak squeaks up.

"Me too buddy." Mario reaches up and rubs my baby's back.

"I don't want anyone to be after you Mak. It's just I would have appreciated at least catching Susan stealing supplies from the office. I mean, we stared at dead air all day." Kip chuckles as he replays his extremely boring day.

"That's what the bar is for. No doubt you can scrape your knuckles when a drunkard grabs your man's ass." Mark laughs knowingly.

Kip will rip a fucker apart for breathing the same air as Mario. And he says he's not possessive. I roll my eyes at my internal thoughts.

The elevator doors open and we all step outside.

Mak slides into the Aston Martin while I close his door. Mark shoots off to his sleek Audi R8. Kip and Mario jump into Kip's obnoxiously large Chevrolet Silverado.