03: Une Femme de Confiance

Chapter 3

She knew she looked good. Men fell for her deceptive charm and innocent brown eyes. She used her femininity to her advantage and it was her greatest secret weapon. Men either wanted to exploit her or use her and she made sure to send a man home, broke after it was all said and done.

Kim was relieved to escape the sea of men swarming her at the bar area. Though she was used to men openly staring at her, that didn't make this experience less annoying.

Black or white, it didn't matter. If you could slip on a dress and smear red lipstick on, show some tits, you could steal the show. She learned class and femininity from Ms. Elaine, but the art of seduction from the streets.

"Follow me," the gruff voice in front of Kim said. The man that collected her at the bar was leading her to the man she'd been waiting to see. Through the beady curtains, she entered the dark room that seated two men at a dark wood table. She could see the smoke coming from their cigarettes beginning to clear up.

The first man to lock eyes with her, she guessed to be the notorious Joey Scissors; a large, intimidating power in Vegas. He was no joke. She heard it all and she was beginning to believe it all. He was naturally average in looks but his power and influence made him handsome. His raven colored hair was trimmed low and he wore three gold rings on his left hand. He stilled her with steel-colored eyes. Normally, she'd look away, but she came here to get across that she was here on business.

The second one was below average in looks, and sized her up as well. He curled his lip in a smirk and openly stared at her breasts. She didn't see this one as a threat but didn't glance away from his gaze either.

"Please, sit down." The man that Kim entered with pulled her chair for her and she sat down, smoothing her dress.

She was alone in the devil's den and there was no way she was going to back out now.

"It's not every day I have women such as yourself come and look for me." The one Kim assumed to be Joey, started humorously. He smirked and his handsomeness was strengthened by the serious tone of his voice.

Kim cracked a fake smile. "I'm looking for Joey Scissors, are you him?" She asked him, lifting up a perfectly arched eyebrow.

"Depends on who's asking?" His eyes traveled from her piercing eyes down to the nape of her exposed neck.

"Chanel Greene."

"What do you want from me, Ms.Chanel Greene?" He dragged out her name as if tasting its sound.

"I'm sure you were told from this kind gentleman?" Kim gestured to the man who she entered the room with. He was now standing in front of the door, wearing a straight face.

She connected her gaze back to the two men sitting in front of her. Neither of them uttered a word and it was beginning to eat at her nerves. She continued with her pretense of confidence.

"It isn't, what do I want from you, it's, what do you need to know? I saw the man who shot up your establishment and killed Benny. I saw him with my own eyes."

Neither Joey or his friend reacted to her statement. Joey stared Kim right in the eyes, watching her. She felt a shiver run down her spine at how he looked into her. Kim felt little as he continued to stare. Was she way in over her head by coming here?

"So what?" Joey muttered, bringing his cigarette to his lips. Kim laced her fingers together and narrowed her eyes at the two men. Though, for a second, her heart dropped deep into the pit of her doubt. His friend looked intrigued in what she had to say, as if baffled about a woman offering a deal with the likes of them.