Chapter 7: vulnerable

Ink POV

what happened...I slowly open my eyelids to see dream sleeping beside the bed. The lights went through the curtains into the room, making my bedroom looks more cozy and make it better for afternoon sleep. I shook the thoughts away and seems like I just woke dream up. "Ink! You're awake!!" Dream rush to hug me tightly. "D..dream..I can't..breath!" I'm glad you're ok" I look at him confusedly. Then all the memories flooded back to me.

"Uh..dream?" "Yeah?" "where's error?" I remembered that he was there when strange things start to happen yesterday. I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my chest again. It's a feeling of...confusion? "Ink! Are you alright?" Dream started to panic and hug me and try to comfort me "argh..." guess I started to feel something again...then someone opened the door and see dream and I are cuddling. "DiD I interRupt yOur cUddlIng SeSSioN?" It's error "it's not like that" I pushed dream away. He seems to be a little down when I did that. I feel a little bit guilty. man, it sucks to have emotions right now. Now that I think about it...every time I felt something or seems to have some empathy, error's always there next to me. It's like I am vulnerable to my feelings every time I'm with him.

"Ink...can I ask you something...?" I hesitate "yeah sure, what is it" "you've been acting strange lately and I've never seen you be like this before, if you have any problems please let me know...I want to help in any way I can!" as he says he being to break down into tears. That even makes me feel more guilt in my chest. I hug him and hope he would forgive me for what I've been lying my whole life. "sure...I'll tell you everything someday...I'm sorry" now that I can feel again, I began to cry with dream, not planning to stop soon. I saw error walk away furiously. Then I felt my emotions are slipping away again. 'could he be the one I'm looking for...?'

Error POV

looks like that skittles and that lemon head are having a mental breakdown right now. I don't want to be in the way so I just walk out, and seeing ink hug dream like that...it makes me feel...jealous...My face is so yellow right now. I rub my face and hope the blush would go away. I hop onto the couch that was covered in paint, seems like ink spent a lot of time on this couch, drawing, sketching, doing those artistic things I don't understand. I sat down and begin to think what will happen in the future. I really want ink to be part of it too...

a couple minuets passed but I still hear crying noise from upstairs. It's so annoying! When will they stop! I got up from the couch and decided to go explore around ink's house. When I got up I feel like some paint got on my pants. I just ignore it and just look around the house for interesting thing. His house is pretty cozy, not too big and not too small. There are a stack of sketch books laying on the ground with more paint brushes and a bunch of water colors, acrylic paints and a lot more. I decided to peek in one of his sketch book. I pick up one and open it. There are drawings of echo flowers, a sketch of different shapes, but there one page that caught my eye, it was a drawing of...me?!? There are a bunch of comics of us talking and making jokes on each other, maybe he only wanna capture the good times we had after we made the truce. I closed the book and put it back.

Then another book falls down and hit my skull. I rub my head in pain and pick up the book. It seems to be different from the other sketch books. This book seems to be new or something, it have no scratches on the cover or on the side of the book. Ink must've been drawing in this recently. I decided to peek in the book. It's a drawing of a forest and a sky. I flip the page and it seems to be the same forest and a sky but it's different from the first one, the second picture, the forest seems to be snowing and the sky is more grey than the first one. I flip another page and it's still the same forest. But this time the forest seems to be burning and the sky is red. I continued to flip the page and it's still the same forest but slightly different, page by page passed by and it started to creep me out, I landed on the last page. It's the same forest but...it have no leaves, no snow, the sky is black and there's nothing but emptiness in the forest. Then an idea hit me...these drawings...could it be ink's each emotions?

______________________________