CHAPTER 10: END

Luke greeted the officer who had come to rescue them. It was the man they had contacted via the video call a few days ago.

"Good to finally speak to you one on one." Luke said, shaking his hand.

"Son, you've made hell of a fine job defending this place, and I think you've made a great Forward Operating Base for us here in your little hill, and with the deaths of those giants, I'm pretty sure it would become even easier for us to take back the city. But for now, why don't you and your friends climb aboard the helicopter and rest. You deserve it." The officer said.

"Thanks sir." Luke answered. Weary, but fulfilled he and his friends climbed aboard one of the transport helicopters. As the chopper rose, the view of his home for months was starting to fade from sight. Luke couldn't help but feel relieved that this strange adventure was finally over.

Shiro scooted next to him. "You know, you got me out of here safe and sound. So you know what? Why don't you come with me and join the exo program?" She smiled. Luke looked at her.

"You know what, Shiro?"

"Call me Blanche.. you earned it."

"You know what, Blanche? This world had been a terrible place the past few weeks, and there's no telling when I would die. So I hope you'll forgive me when I do this." Luke leaned in and kissed her full on the lips. Surprised, Shiro slapped him.

"OHHHH" Carlos, Jay Arr and Ervan laughed. "OHHH SHIIIIII"

"You idiot." Shiro said, smiling. "You don't get to kiss me. I get to kiss you!" She grabbed his face and kissed him.

Jay Arr and Carlos recorded the whole video. As they opened their phone, a notification went up. It was a video of that youtuber who had tried to ambush the giant a few days before.

"It's him!" Carlos said. Luke and Shiro were still busy kissing each other so everyone gathered around Carlos as he pressed play.

"Guys, sorry for the really late upload. The idiot who held the rocket launcher hit a cellphone tower by accident, but, we're safe now, and humanity is fighting back. We can beat them, and we can beat this. We will grow stronger." The man said. "We're setting up base camps in several places and there are reports that humanity is winning the battles against these invaders. I have to go now boys and girls!" The guy said, "And I won't be back for a few days at least, but that's okay."

He looked into the screen."Just remember guys, the road to success will never be easy, but for as long aswe give up, we take one step at a time... we will surely win."