(8) Calamity

Hello all you lovely readers! I hope you're enjoying the story so far! Feel free to leave a vote and/or comment!(:
I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it!(:

Xo, Emilee
____________

Chapter Eight
Calamity

There was a heavy pulsing in between Sera’s eyes as she sat at their kitchen counter. She groaned, really hoping that the headache would go away by the time they had to leave for Calamity. She doubted it, considering they were planning on leaving in half an hour. Closing her eyes, she gently rubbed at her temples.

“You okay?” Torin asked. Sera peaked a eye open. He was sitting across from her, his forehead creased with concern as he looked at her.

      “Just have this killer headache.” She said while closing her eyes again.  She swore she could see colours dancing around.

      “Want some water?” Torin asked.

      Sera shook her head. “It’s okay. I’m fine.” As if to demonstrate her point, she opened her eyes and smiled thinly. Torin looked like he didn’t believe her. Sera chuckled, “Do you always take it upon yourself to take care of everyone else?”

      Torin grinned. He tapped his fingers on the counter. Yuri did that too, Sera thought. “Only about ninety percent of the time. The other ten is devoted to writing bad poetry about how I spend too much time helping others.”

      Sera laughed.

      “You, writing poetry?” Yuri chirped from his spot in the living room. He was lounging on the couch, his right arm tossed over his eyes as if he was trying to nap. “I’d rather play with a cat than hear whatever you attempt to write. It’d probably be something atrocious like ‘I helped a stranger today, but the bastard had nay to say. It broke my heart, oh, how I wish they weren’t such a upstart.’ Then you’d go on about how people don’t appreciate you.”

      Sera choked on a laugh. Yuri peaked at her from underneath his arm, a grin playing at his lips. Torin shook his head but he looked amused. “Thank you for that.”

      Yuri full out grinned. “Any time, Tori.”

      Sera shook her head, grinning to herself, just as Olivia came up from downstairs. There was a sort of nervous air to her. As soon as Sera saw her flashes of her dream came back, but she shoved them away like they were a week old turkey sandwich. Her eyes moved to her sister as she came into the room, wringing her hands and mumbling to herself.

      Sera casted a worried glance over to Torin, who frowned. “Is everything okay?” He asked, his eyes narrowed on Olivia.

      Olivia started walking in slow circles around the living room. Her pale blonde hair was down, strands of silver tied in throughout, catching the light and reflecting it back. She had a remarkable Smokey eye done with a complete contoured look while a short silver dress hung closley to her sleight frame, thin silver threads flowing around her thighs as she moved. A pair of black strappy heels finished her look. She looked like a Goddess.

      “I haven’t heard back from Osbin.” She said while starting her second lap around the couch, her heels clicking against the wooden floor.

      Sera frowned. “Isn’t that the guy that’s getting us into the club?”

      “Yes.” Olivia shook her hands out, as if she was somehow trying to dispel the stress from her body.

      Yuri pushed up from the couch at that, his brown eyes finding Olivia. He frowned. “Cutting it a little close, isn’t he?”

      “Yes.” Olivia took a deep breath. She was on her third lap now.