⁀➷cloud nine|𝒋𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒎𝒐

Plot: In which you and Jungmo are best friends for years, but you had a crush on him for a while. After a night of going to a club for the first time together, your relationship with each other might change -- either for the better, or for the worst.

<☆>

"Are you sure about this?" Jungmo asked me in a gentle manner whilst his body was shifting from one side to another, his eyes scanning the view before him. If it weren't for the short distance between our forms, his voice would have become one with the booming upbeat music blasting around the packed room.

I looked down and fumbled with the soft linen of the dress I was wearing, giving me an odd form of comfort. I glanced back at him, surprised to see him staring at me with his orbs filled with worry.

I sucked in a breath; the reflection of the various vibrant colored lights were evidently seen in his eyes, making it appear as if the whole universe lived in it -- in him. I felt my heart flutter.

He was my whole world, my universe -- but he didn't know that. And he didn't need to. I'm satisfied with how things were currently; I was fine to just being a close friend to him.

Are you sure about that? It seems like you're attempting to convince thyself.

Shut up! And who uses the word "thyself" these days? Keep your thoughts to yourself.

How do I do that if I am your thoughts, genius.

... good point.

"-and I know that, umm, you don't really enjoy loud places, so if you want to just go home, watch some movies and eat some cereal since I know you find popcorn overrated, then that's fine with me too! I mean, we can netflix and chill in my place--" He started to cough violently. "Oh shoot I didn't mean that."

I raised my eyebrow at him. "Oh?"

"I swear I literally meant to watch netflix and chill in my room."

"Okay suree, I wouldn't mind to do that if we weren't here already. I mean, come on," I flashed him an eager smile to hide my inner turmoil. "You know my motto in life right?"

He rolled his eyes. "Don't waste energy. If you do, make sure it's worth the expense."

I giggled while clapping my hands. Jungmo's lips instinctively quirked up with the sight of me. Trying not to think much about it (although it was a rather strenuous task that I failed to do -- as always), I grabbed his hands. "As expected of my best friend for years," I said with a cheery tone, hoping that the bitterness of these words didn't reveal itself from it.

I felt the grip on his hands on mine weaken before going back to its regular strength.

I chose to ignore it; as a great woman once said, "Don't waste energy!"

Stop complimenting yourself, you narcissist.

There's a difference of loving yourself and being in love with yourself. Of course, only great people like me can understand; it's something you can't relate to.

I am you, dumby. I have no idea how you just complimented and dissed yourself at the same time, but you did it.

... that sounded good yet bad at the same time, so thank you?

Choosing to push away the snarky replies of my inner moody and sarcastic thoughts, I led Jungmo to the bar. We squished ourselves against the crowd, muttering a number of "Excuse me!", "Pardon me!" and "Sorry!".